Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397149 times)

Offline sixgunsblazing

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
He's running scared, just trying to rip the last few people off before it all comes down on him.   He's obviously trying to avoid those people he's already taken while running more auctions.  I'll bet he even has another account on ebay we haven't found yet.

Offline NOT A TA

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »
The idea of getting Ebay's employees to look at the ads as a detriment to Ebay and pull them is good. The simple thing that keeps the listing from conforming to Ebays vehicle listing policy is the lack of a VIN in the listing. For those thinking it's a hassle to report the items on Ebay here's a quick tutorial. Should take less than a minute to report each listing.

On the right side of the Ebay listing you will see a link "Report Listing". Clicking it brings you to a page with drop down menus.

Under REPORT CATEGORY click "listing practices" in the drop down menu

Under REASON FOR REPORT click "Vehicle misrepresentation" in the drop down menu

Under DETAILED REASON click "vehicle misrepresentation" in the drop down menu. When you do it pops up a sentence saying you are reporting because the listing doesn't include the VIN

Click Submit Report

John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X

Offline bobg

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
I have been reporting them too. He is also in violation by trying to avoid ebay fees by offering additional purchases and options outside of ebay. He is also soliciting positive feedback from the bidders without delivering the merchandise. It may help if more people called ebay directly to report it, (especially any current bid winners)or if they filed  a claim for unrecieved merchandise. I know it is past the window for most of the bidders, but again, it may be a way to draw more attention to the auctions from ebay.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:37:24 PM by bobg »
79  TATA 400 W72 4spd
79 gold 400 4spd w72 T top
74 superduty 455 4spd
70 Trans am Ram air 4speed

Offline tawidow

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
I'd written Bob that I would report both the good and the bad dealings that I have with him. I just received $2,000 out of the $15,000 I am owed.  There are no strings attached.  The check even notes that it is a partial payment on the refund and the attached letter says that he may send more next week. This partial refund is 15 business days BEFORE the absolute deadline of our contract.  Let's hope the remaining $13,000 comes in on or before the deadline too.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:26:33 PM by tawidow »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
Carol, I'm glad to hear that you received a "partial" refund. Your lucky as I know several (more than 3) who have not received any monies in close to a year! Congrats!

Offline sixgunsblazing

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 02:42:52 PM »
I hope the check it actually good.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
I'd written Bob that I would report both the good and the bad dealings that I have with him. It's a miracle!!!  Or at least a possible partial miracle.  I just received $2,000 out of the $15,000 I am owed.  There are no strings attached.  The check even notes that it is a partial payment on the refund and the attached letter says that he may send more next week.  Let's hope it clears.  65 days after I first sent the letter off notifying him of my husband's death.  51 days of being in complete communication darkness.  This partial refund is 15 business days BEFORE the absolute deadline of our contract.  Let's hope the remaining $13,000 comes in on or before the deadline too.

Of course what communication from him would be complete without a lie or twist in it?  He writes that the refund is possible because he is liquidating assets and personal loans.  He says he hasn't taken on another build.  I believe that he is up to 8 sales since my husband's death with another 2 ending in 6 days.  Maybe he's not counting the latest 2 since he's just using turtlevhare and not another alias.

Carol, I would check with an attorney before depositing the check, I think I remember something about if you accept a partial payment it will void the terms of any contract...and maybe Bob relies on things like that.
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »
I agree with Midyears statement!

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
Carol, I agree a partial payment may void you getting any recourse through the court but I bet that $2k will be the only $2k you get. You can't get money from a guy who is out of business. If you win a judgement that's all you win in most cases. You may see a judgement but not a dime. Food for thought

Offline tawidow

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »
Wouldn't his admission of it being a partial payment on both the check and the attached letter say otherwise.  I hope that he pays restitution to the dozens of others he owes cars and/or refunds to along with me, but the way he writes things, I'm not holding my breath on seeing anything else.  I can't believe he had the nerve to say that I'm slandering him (mass e-mail/excuse sent out over the weekend).  He's the one who said that no one has paid since June 1st when he stamped Paid for what my husband paid on June 4th.  He's the one that's saying that I'm a problem on the internet.  He's upset that I'm the one blight on his perfect e-bay record.  He goes dark for 51 days (for me, I'd guess it's longer for others) and I try to warn people that he doesn't communicate and he thinks I'm the problem???  I write of the lies and contradictions he's put me through in the 65 days since this nightmare started and he blames me???  Unbelieveable.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »
unfortunately, the law looks at things differently then us common folk, there are many ways crooks can get their way by counting on the  honest person.  just check with a lawyer before you deposit it and see what the implications are. often to the courts a letter and partial payment show good intentions that were not able to be met,  and  you will be screwed.....I have heard of several people now that have received that exact amount ($2000) from Bob and nothing else after that...don't set yourself up, ask an expert, remember you are dealing with a con man.
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »
Now that you mention it Midyear....your right, I know of several people that have received that exact amount no matter how much is owed to them.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »
So what's the alternative?  Wait until after he goes bankrupt and get nothing at all? Or sue him after he misses the deadline and hope that I get a judge with some decency that will make this guy pay what's owed.  You guys have been in his game a lot longer.  Does anyone know how often he's been sued and what the outcome is? 

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
Carol, I can't answer that question.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:23 PM »
i would be leaning towards cashing it...may be only money you see from this (agree talk to lawyer first)
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff