Author Topic: Correct Paint Color 1970 TA  (Read 2491 times)

Offline 1970TA

Correct Paint Color 1970 TA
« on: August 30, 2020, 06:45:02 PM »
On my polar white TA I painted my scoop Lucerne Blue but it doesn't look correct with the blue stripe. I found an article about this problem and apparently there is a different paint color called Tyrol Blue which the factory may have used. Can any corroborate this? It is a better match for the stripe.....

Offline LOTA OT

Re: Correct Paint Color 1970 TA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:26:06 PM »
I've read that 1967 Tyrol Blue is the correct scoop color.  I have not personally verified that.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Correct Paint Color 1970 TA
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:39:58 PM »
They used Tyrol Blue for the stripes on the original 69 TA.
After that, they are only matching to a decal, not a paint. The Tyrol might match better, but it also depends on the base coat and similar. And that mix doesn't match what is around 50 years later. Lucerne was an existing, available colour where Tyrol was no longer. Use a decal over white paint, then use it over black, different blues.

If you want a better match, trying matching to the existing decal stripe as that's what they'd need to do anyway with the old codes that no longer translate. A slight variation is likely correct, if yours is enough to bother you, than I'd look into it also.

I can't see the factory doing it that way, more likely a dealer would arrange it if you went back unhappy about the match.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:45:22 PM by Aus78Formula »