Trans Am Photos > Restoration Projects

Restoring the old man's Firebird

(1/3) > >>

PokeyJR:
I recently acquired my (now passed) fathers 78 Formula Firebird and have taken his nickname (Pokey) and plan on restoring it in his memory. In the middle of July I am going to enter it into the local Show 'n Shine as a kind of last hurrah before the car gets tore down. In this build I'm favoring more practicality than originality. This will be my first undertaking of a project this serious. I've done other "tinkering" but nothing to this scale.

OK so a little bit about the car; when my dad bought it in 2012 it had a sbc 350 in it(not sure on the year yet). It's a manual and has Hurst T-tops. the guy that owned it previously had done some restoration work on it (new carpet, headliner, and back seats reupholstered) that is all that I am aware of at the moment. The headliner has since fallen apart. I hope I can find the build sheet somewhere, though I'm pretty sure it is the original color. I hope I'll be getting some pictures up soon.

PokeyJR:
Got some pictures of her today, now if I can just figure out how to upload them with my phone.

PokeyJR:

NOT A TA:
Looks like a great car to start with! Sorry for your loss of dad.

Bman:
That's in really good shape! Keep posting pictures along the way, the compliments and comments really keep you motivated. Take lots of pics when you take it apart. I took a bunch but always seemed like i never had the right angle lol. Good luck on the project!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version