Author Topic: twin turbo or blower  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Sopcich04

twin turbo or blower
« on: June 06, 2006, 03:19:52 PM »
i have a 79 with a 455 bored out that produces around 450HP and ive been looking to put a charger on it....the question is, should i give it twin turbo or a blower? my friend gave me a quote that 10K should more than cover a blower with good quality and modify the enginge so it can handle it. i also heard that i would have to go with fuel inj becuz not even an 850demon carb would keep up with either. what would be ur opinion for that extra boost of HP??

Offline HughJass

• Geoff
twin turbo or blower
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
http://turbocharging2ndgens.transamcountry.com/links/index.htm

If you want to go the Turbo route this guy spells it out pretty clearly. It looks like this could be done for around $1500.

There is a ATI Procharger kit made for the pontiac motors and I believe it is about $3500.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/pontiacdude428/ATI.html
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

79 W72 WS6,  work in progress - nicknamed Lucy

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
twin turbo or blower
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »
you can use a carb with a blower....the barry grants are the best....some have the interchangeable venturi allowing you to switch the flow rate....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
twin turbo or blower
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:11:16 AM »
Hey, save some HP for the rest of us!!!

Offline evilways

twin turbo or blower
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:32:41 AM »
I think 'charger is the way to go, more consistant power and reliable, while my experience with turbos is inconsistant  power and costly repairs and constant maintanace. Just my suggestions,besides, it's always better to be blown... :twisted:
peed limits....they're just suggesstions,..right?