Trans Am Information > Aftermarket Questions

KYB shocks

(1/3) > >>

kyledyr:
my current shocks are completely shot and they need to be replaced ASAP. unfortunately, i can't afford the Koni shocks I'd love to buy, so I'm asking if anyone has had an experience with KYB shocks, both the GR-2(nonadjustable)  and the Gas-a-Just (adjustable)

On Ebay I'm seeing a set of 4 GR-2's for 60 bucks! I'd like to know if anyone has had a bad experience with these...

oh and also, what is a good brand of springs for the front suspension? I'm not sure if I need new springs or just new shocks.  I don't want to lower it and that seems to be what all the springs are made for these days.

milly:
A lot of guys like the Koni and the KYB shocks. I personally am running your run of the mill heavy duty Monroe gas shocks. They've been on the T/A for years and I like them. I don't race (drag or road) so I don't need any fancy adjustible shocks.

O'Neall:
I've KYBs in the past... some were good, some not so good.  Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks are not a bad everyday shock.  The last set of KYBs I had I replaced with Monroes.

However, if you really want to step up go for the Konis... I just ordered a complete set... looking forward to them.

Bilsteins are also supposed to be very good... don't think you could go wrong with either them or the Konis.

brian c:
Edlebrocks on all 4 corners here. Not certain how good they are on the TA as its not on the road but I ran a set on my '01 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 and they definitely worked as advertised keeping it very level through corners and for a truck without a rear sway bar that's saying something.

bad76:
I am using the Edelbrock shocks on my 76 and they perform great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version