Trans Am Information > Aftermarket Questions

78 Trans Am Aftermarket Rear Disc Brake Conversion?

(1/2) > >>

restoreamusclecar:
Does anyone have any experience with installing a rear disc brake convertion to a ws6 1978 trans am.  I have heard some horror stories on installation, but didnt know if anyone has any personal experience?  Looking for a solution to help with better stopping power after installing a 500hp motor.  Thanks  Dave

HughJass:
Steve (Maltese Falcon) has a post over at TAC, he is doing this on his Fire Am  conversion.

Rick:
Yep, but you'll have to content yourself wtih what he's already posted.  Prior to the crash over there he had a thread documenting what he's done rather exhaustively, but it went down with everything else.  Now Maltese Falcon is out of circulation until mid-March from some eye surgery scheduled for this next week. :(  :?

restoreamusclecar:
Great, thanks for the feedback.  I will try to email him and see if he has any additional input on how the conversion went.  I am looking into a couple different solutions and dont know what will work the best.  Thanks again.

Rick:
Just don't be discouraged if you don't get an immediate answer.  Steve is suffering from a detached retina and he's going to be immobilized, face down, for two weeks+ after the surgery! :?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version