Classifieds > Parts for Sale

70-80 Firebird Trans Am Stereo / CD Player Console Adapter

<< < (2/3) > >>

Greenbird76:
well that is cool.  I did buy mine from Fbodywarehouse about a year and a half ago.  Installation was easy and I already had the car apart anyways.  It is a great accessory for those of us who do not want to cut up there 3? year old dashes to mount mechanical gauges on cars not equipped with the Rally pack.  I installed a set of inexpensive Sunpro 2.5 inch white gauges and I am very pleased with the results.  Here is a pic.  The black pod along with the white faced gauges really compliments my white deluxe interior IMO. 

78ta:
Those gauges do look good Greenbird.

Yep, that's the reason I came up with them. I wanted to put a cd player in my 78 but didn't want to cut the dash. I had been building the Cutlass housings since about 01 so I adapted the idea to the TA. The seldom used map pocket was a perfect place to put the stereo or gauges. Another great thing about them is that the modification is completely reversible.

Glad to help.

Greenbird76:
Yes. That is why I chose it.  No cutting or drilling.  I am going to replace my cracked consule with a donor one and it eill be a snap to switch it over.  Nice job dude.

NWW-79 T/A:
Wow you make those? Cool! I'll be buying a cup holder sometime in the future.

78ta:
Thank you Greenbird.

--- Quote from: NWW-79 T/A on March 28, 2012, 11:29:06 PM ---Wow you make those? Cool! I'll be buying a cup holder sometime in the future.

--- End quote ---
Yep, been developing and building items for classic cars from 1/8" ABS for about 10 years now. Always looking for new ideas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version