Author Topic: T-Top Mouldings/Plastic Pieces  (Read 1222 times)

Offline 2002 Bigride

• First Car I Ever Bought
T-Top Mouldings/Plastic Pieces
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »
I have a 79 Trans Am with the Pop's T-tops (Custom) installed and not the factory ones.  I have alot of cracked plastic mouldings around the top and was wondering if anyone knows of place that would carry any of these pieces.  I have thought about having the top changed out to the factory version so that you can at least get parts for them.  Any ideas out there??  Thanks. Have researched the company and they no longer exist so I think this is going to be painful.
Mike "The Animal" Averett

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
Re: T-Top Mouldings/Plastic Pieces
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:18:53 AM »
Pops T-tops ?  Heard of Fisher, Hurst, and Cars and Concepts but never Pops.  What do they look like?  Post a pic if you would.
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline 2002 Bigride

• First Car I Ever Bought
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:20:58 AM »
After looking more closely they are Cars & Concepts T-tops and from what I have been able to find is that they are no longer in business.  Anyone have any ideas on where to be able to find molding parts that would be able to fit the car.  Thanks.
Mike "The Animal" Averett

Offline 78trans1

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:36:25 PM »
Hi, i have a '78 with c&c tops. The parts are no longer available, but there is this one site where they do have a limited supply of glass, seal and other misc. parts. There are still many used parts floating around. I have not gotten into redoing the t-tops yet so i wouldn't be much help. The c&c tops are less desirable of all tops, but they are virtually leak proof due to it's design (high water channels). I personally will not get rid of mine because i like the bigger sky view and love how the glass to glass meets. If you haven't found the site i was talking about let us know we'll help. :)
"I actually like looking at other cars, they look real nice in the rear view mirror"

Offline bender85

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:41:06 AM »
Could you please me what the site is?