Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397879 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #375 on: September 27, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »
For what it's worth...Bob (or his contractor or separate entity) has not had but one car meet the reserve in the last 2 auctions. The one that did was a 73 Camaro for 73hundred dollars. You can't build a car for that!

So at least for now.....there does not seem to be any new victims...I mean customers created.

Somebody please correct me if I'm missing something!

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
Brian , could the off color on the seats be lighting ? I think we need some better pics to really critique this better  ,lighting wise an image size.
I wish there was a better profile shot ,not just a cropped pic of  the rear tire area .  Then  you could properly assess the body lines
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:20:13 PM by RainMan »

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #377 on: September 27, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
Maybe but I doubt it. Look at the rest of the seat and if it were a lighting issue, wouldn't you see that same coloration elsewhere?

Here's the spots I was referring to with my earlier comments on the wheel well:

In red is the area I think I see rust forming from Top to Bottom on the frame rail. It's got a brownish color that certainly looks like rust.

The area I circled in green shows the dip and how the body line doesn't match from the rear quarter panel to the door - it looks like a combination of things to me. 1. Body line on quarter panel is going up as it heads towards the front of the car. 2. Door could be misaligned (ie low). In either case, it looks weird.

A good side shot of the entire car would show the true issue. Here's about the shot we'd need for further discussion:

**This is my car at Muscle Car Alley and you can see how bad my body line was after (2) different shops worked on it.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jgodar

• Build A Bandit Survivor..kinda
« Reply #378 on: September 27, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »
Well, you guys are making me feel better with each post! The doors are off center. That was a major topic of conversation I had with Bob. He assured me that the car is not done. Which it is not. Both doors need work to fit right. I saw that myself! That is why I feel better because even I saw that.

When we talked about the doors not lining up, he took me to a car that was ready to be delivered and showed me the fit and finish of the doors. It was much better than mine. But I will keep in him about this of course..

He had a new interior package in TAN for this car. It looked to me that the seats were new but just not done being installed on the front seats.

Brian, can you load the other pics off my album showing the rear seats that are installed. Do you think the same issue is there??
I was happy with the look and feel of the seats. If they are not new, I know they are not 30 years old..

Brian, I do agree with your request on lets keep this about the car. The only thing I will add to the part about Bobs new customers is a few of us that have been mentioned here now have Bob's attention. Dont wont to go into much more than that, but we are doing all we can to help/influence him to take care of his customers, all of them, and to get his business on the right track.  It is not happening over night and may take time, but we think he is trying to turn his business around. We hope everyone is satisfied sooner than later.

Thanks again for everyones time here..

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #379 on: September 27, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
Glad to see you guys working together!

I'd like to add that as far as new customers go.......I think Bob needs to take care of the MAJORITY( 75% or more) of his old customers before creating any new ones. Otherwise his bussiness just looks like the Ponzi scheme that most people here ( including myself) believe it to be.

That's the general gripe in a nutshell! I've greed to settle for less that 1/2 of what I feel Bob owes me ( 9 grand)but to date he keeps vasicillating. One minute he says he will the next no.

Now that I've been accused by Mr. McElreath of pediphilia and vague death threats my lawyer has insisted on no contact with Mr.McElreath whatsoever.

So..Joe.....you have pull with Bob. I've been reasonable with my request ( we both agreed to that and so did Bob) can you see what you can do on my behalf? I've promised to agree on this site that my bussiness with BAB was sucessfully concluded by both parties. My word is more valuable than ANY car Bob has in his shop.

If Bob is the changed man he claims to be this would be a good place to start. Also TAwidow should be one of his top priorities! It would show alot of good will and go a long way to re-establishing his credibility.

I personally don't think he is capable of change so prove me wrong! I've heard several metaphors that fit here.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig! You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that don't make it a jelly donut....you get the idea.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #380 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
As for that body line...that needs to be sanded down, straightened - probably more filler build up and feathering, and then resprayed. Door alignment won't fix that swoosh in it.

Joe,

All I've been doing to post your photos is right clicking on the photo, selecting Copy Image Location (I'm using Firefox), and then pasting it in between the IMG tags - should be using [ ] and not the braces I'm about to show...

{img}http://myimagelocation.com/myimage.jpg{/img}

But sure, when I get a few moments I could post the rest up for you.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jgodar

« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »

I hope that worked... have not posted here in a while and forgot this is used here!

Let me know what you think of these seats..

George, of course I will do the best I can..

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »
The whacky body line looks to me to actually be a reflection of the roofline on the building in the background. Optical illusion.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
The whacky body line looks to me to actually be a reflection of the roofline on the building in the background. Optical illusion.
Well this is my concern . Would be easier if there were better pics to critique it with , instead of just ripping it apart with what we have
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:44:59 PM by RainMan »

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »
Me too
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #385 on: September 27, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
I do have to say, those blue letter tires are weird. Never seen those
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
I do have to say, those blue letter tires are weird. Never seen those
My BFGs were exactly the same when they we're new  . Comes off on the first wash and letters become white
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:01:52 PM by RainMan »

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »
Looks like the Top Border material is different than the Seat portion Border Area.  Isn't it supposed to be like a Nubuck Suede Imitation?  Just observing and asking?

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »
As far as the Body Line it doesn't look like an optical illusion, it looks like a distinct angle and why just in that spot?  I would do the tape thing like it shows on Bryan's Car as door alignment would have nothing to do with a crooked rear panel line!

Offline jgodar

« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »
Here are some more shots I took of that side of the car.Like I said, these bays are so tight it was hard to get a full shot of the side of the car, but this is what I have so far...

I know the doors need work on alignment, but I am not seeing the other line you guys are talking about...let me know!