Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398337 times)

Offline JupiterBandit

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #510 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
I would have to agree with having a lawyer double check what bob is trying to do.  Seems strange that he doesn't have the full amount now but will within 3 weeks??? how is that possible

Definitely consult a lawyer first. As I said if you do anything do it infront of your lawyer.

As for why would Bob have money in three weeks. It could because of many reasons. Finished cars, sold parts, sold a new project. Doesn't really matter if he's going to make TAwidow whole again.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #511 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »
Food for thought:

Build a Bandit goes under. Bob loses his shop and files bankruptcy. Everyone gets nothing.

Bob on the other hand can still build anything he wants and sell them online. He's making offers and his checks are clearing. Hard to prove fraud.

Hate to say it but it's true

Offline jgodar

• Build A Bandit Survivor..kinda
« Reply #512 on: October 04, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
Just hoping to help and want to see her get her money sooner than later. Trying to win some moral victory does not always put money in the bank..Take that to an attorney and in my opinion, he will say sign it as fast as possible, get your money as fast as possible and forget about this. Bob is trying to pay her, take it and run!
Questioning where he got the money, why he is doing this now and why he needs 3 weeks makes no difference.. Take the money that you have asked for as fast as possible.. ...Just my opinion!

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #513 on: October 04, 2012, 11:33:44 AM »
Carol , here is some food for thought that my Lawyer explained to me. Should ANY of Bob's victims force Bob into bankruptcy the courts "look" back 90 days. If the person being forced into bankruptcy has made ANY payment in the past 90 days the courts force those payments back to the person being bankrupted. That's probably why Bob likes to dole out payments in small bits. It slows the bankruptcy process down conciderably.

This is not true...If wages or something like that have been garnished, some of that mightl be returned in bankruptcy, but payments owed on debts that you paid...never.
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #514 on: October 04, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »
Just hoping to help and want to see her get her money sooner than later. Trying to win some moral victory does not always put money in the bank..Take that to an attorney and in my opinion, he will say sign it as fast as possible, get your money as fast as possible and forget about this. Bob is trying to pay her, take it and run!
Questioning where he got the money, why he is doing this now and why he needs 3 weeks makes no difference.. Take the money that you have asked for as fast as possible.. ...Just my opinion!

he is just buying time with the three weeks, looks like so many forget how long this and other Bob ordeals go on. just someone name just one of Bobs victims who has received a complete refund? or a properly completed car...

IMHO I would not delete a thing, until Bob makes it right. TAWIDOW has been nothing but upfront and honest throughout her entire ordeal, she has shown her character, and Bob has shown his, and I do believe that Zak is 18, he graduated this year (2012) from high school, I think the minor thing is just another ploy/lie.

and another question for you Joe,  I am curious as to whats gone on with your car in the almost 3 weeks since you were there. I would think there would be new pics of the progress its made. I figured since you are now posting again on this site, and talk to Bob almost every day, we would have some updates and pics.
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #515 on: October 04, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »
That would be cool. Joe, do you got any updated or pics?

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #516 on: October 04, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »
Most of us believe that Bob can't be trusted, that's a given. If Bob wanted to show he was a changed man he would refund TA widows money in one lump sum for a contractual agreement that they work out. Afterall, he received the money in a lump sum, it should be dispersed in the same manner.

I do feel if she and Bob can see eye to eye on the terms she should take the money but I would want it all. She could have lawyer put it in an Escrow account that she or he can't touch till the contract has been fulfilled.

And joe your right bankruptcy proceedings DO take a long time but the court looks at the 90 days prior to the date the bankruptcy is FILED. Not the court date, not the trial date but the 90 days prior to the filing date.

That what my lawyer told me.

Joe , I hope you and Jay and Eli get your cars this month ( think you told me 10/26-28) Please be sure to share your experience. I think it's important that this forum hear ALL sides of this issue not just mine and TA Widow's. I'm glad your back posting again! Communication now more than ever should be free flowing.

Offline jgodar

• Build A Bandit Survivor..kinda
« Reply #517 on: October 04, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
I am waiting on pics myself.. Bob told me my motor was in the shop and going in and he said he would send me pics of that..now I wait...trust me when I tell you that you are preaching to the choir here on how long this takes.. it takes way too long.. that was my point on Carol taking her money.. to be done in 3 weeks would be a victory in itself..again.. my opinion..

I wish Bob would send more pics.. I have told about that many times..I will post any pics I get once I get them. No problem there...

Offline RikkiB

« Reply #518 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Carol , here is some food for thought that my Lawyer explained to me. Should ANY of Bob's victims force Bob into bankruptcy the courts "look" back 90 days. If the person being forced into bankruptcy has made ANY payment in the past 90 days the courts force those payments back to the person being bankrupted. That's probably why Bob likes to dole out payments in small bits. It slows the bankruptcy process down conciderably.

Wouldn't that include the things Bob gave to his family to get it out of his name in case of bankruptcy...for instance the trailer parks Bob put in his mom's name that he mentioned in an e-mail to you? Maybe he'll try to stall until the 91st day after he transferred everything.

Offline trentonmakes

« Reply #519 on: October 04, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »
Curious
Has any taken him to small claims court ???

with all these emails im sure you have a pretty strong case. May be worth another trip to file one and you dont need a lawyer to file or proceed in small claims court.
You have alot of evidence showing he owes you a refund!!!!

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #520 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Rikki, That's a great question that I posed to my lawyer. The statute regarding those types of transactions ( call non-consideration) are 1 year. So if Bob transfered something to his Mom with the last year the court could rule that it was done in an effort to hide assets and take possesion of that property(money anything worth value) and redistribute it to his secured creditors. Carol and myself are considered unsecured creditors so we would be last on the list......if there is anything left by then.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #521 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
Hey I guys I'm not realy sure but does my headlamp grill look straight now? I spent all morning taking them off and putting them back on the RIGHT way...

Umm...This particular post is regarding a business in NC called "Build-A-Bandit". They also go by "Pontiac Pros" or "Common Man Restorations", "Pick-A-Pony", etc.

I'm not quite sure your post is regarding them. You may want to post this over in the Tech section along with a good high quality, and large, photo of the issue at hand.

BTW: Welcome to 78TA. Pictures of your car are a requirement to satisfy the angry mob. We're all picture whores so head over into the General section and post up some more details on your car and yourself since this is your first post here...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:25:49 PM by brian c »

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline trentonmakes

« Reply #522 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »
Maybe bob installed his grilles:))
Lmao

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #523 on: October 04, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »
I think you're giving Bob a little too much credit. I don't think he can install anything...just look at Flounder's car!  ;D

Sorry...that was just sitting out there waiting for someone to take a swing and I figured I might as well try to nail it over the fence!

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline tawidow

« Reply #524 on: October 04, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
Joe, I think that you're listening and actually believing Bob.  That'll just leave you very disappointed.  This is the very first time since my husband paid him on June 4th that Bob has put anything forward to me in writing that specifically states how and when he will repay me. That's a few days shy of a third of a year ago now.  He has made incredulous lies about me and my husband.  He has answered a few of my questions in vague and contradictory ways, but this was the very first specific, dated thing he has made about my refund. 

I just don't get why you keep saying that Bob has been trying to repay me.  He did give me a partial refund.  13% in mid August.  He still owes me 87% or $13000.  I appreciated the partial payment.  It paid for my kids' beds and a computer my son needed for school.  Since then he's sent other people e-mails about how much he's tried, but the truth is that he hasn't done a thing but lie about me or to me before and since that partial payment.  How is that trying???  I am the one that has to contact him.  After the 0 out of 50 or more attempts at the beginning, I only get a response from maybe 1 out of every 5 calls or e-mails to him.  They are either vague and noncommittal (ie I'll do the best I can) or they're filled with lies or they're too confusing to understand - like he starts one sentence and then stops abruptly and starts a new one without finishing either thought.    Any noncommittal promise comes to absolutely nothing and then he sends out a bulk e-mail as to why it's somehow my fault and threatens to sue me.  Please explain to me what he has done to try to actually help me (not him) before this??? 

His attempt now is simply to have me remove the truth about what he has done.  It is beyond my power to remove anything from the ripoffreport site.  It is not allowed.  I would breach the contract the second I signed.  Bob knows this and I would bet he banks on it.  I am only allowed to amend it, which I have done and am still willing to do - I have offered to do it in my contract.  As far as the bit about his stepson - the whole thing was ridiculous.  He's the one who said he left him in charge.  The guys at his shop called Zak to deal with me when I got there.  Zak said that he and another coworker would create the contract and then Zak had someone else drop it off.  If he really is underage, shouldn't any of these people have told me before 1 business day to the deadline that he was just a kid?  Bob kept the whole age thing a secret until September 8.  Bob even gave me a partial refund because of the contract.  I would think that would enforce it's legality.  Then he pulls the crap in the bulk e-mail about me coercing this poor defenseless kid.  I never met the kid! How is any of that helping me???  It really irks me that you or anyone would try to say that he's tried.

Here's an easy way to pay someone that you owe money to - you send them a check.  It's really that easy.  I've done it a couple times and it hasn't hurt a bit.  When they cash it, it's proof that they received it.  We've had a contract since July 27th.  He's acknowledged that he owes me the money.  What is the hold up?  My complaints just increase the more he refuses to pay me and the more he continues to lie about me.  The day he repaid me the $2000 I reported it on here.  I've offered to continue updating both the good and the bad.  It's only in his best interest that he finally do the right thing.