Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398113 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #585 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Trans-Am-T-Top-1977-Trans-Am-T-Top-Great-Ride-/290783580015?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b40d4f6f

Found this!

I see it hasn't been removed yet ?
This auction is sure deceiving as you would think your buying a finished product but in fact your buying a car in the state of being restored .the description is very vague

1977 Trans Am T-Top Restored.  New eBay account to share my passion.  400 350HP Automatic.  All power, air conditioning.  Recreation of Smokey and the Bandit look.  Sounds bad to the bone.  Great condition.  Questions thru eBay email.  I am Trans Am people.

He is TransAm people . Lmao!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:28:40 PM by RainMan »

Offline RikkiB

« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
I have contacted the various news agencies twice now with no response from anyone.  I've only done it via e-mail.  I'll look into calling and actually speaking with someone tomorrow.  I've also considered taking out an ad in his paper to report his behavior.  I hesitate doing that only because Bob's vicitm base is from all over the world.  Not too many people get the Ashville paper.

http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/consumer_complaints/page/1001542/

This is the complaint form to fill out for WRAL in Raleigh, NC.  Monica Laliberte does these segments http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2012, 01:41:58 PM »
I have contacted the various news agencies twice now with no response from anyone.  I've only done it via e-mail.  I'll look into calling and actually speaking with someone tomorrow.  I've also considered taking out an ad in his paper to report his behavior.  I hesitate doing that only because Bob's vicitm base is from all over the world.  Not too many people get the Ashville paper.

http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/consumer_complaints/page/1001542/

This is the complaint form to fill out for WRAL in Raleigh, NC.  Monica Laliberte does these segments http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/

I'd get ahold of dateline. It's never a good thing when Chris Hansen is on your doorstep lol
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:43:42 PM by RainMan »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
Thanks Rikki,Rain.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #589 on: October 07, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
By the way...I put a new ad up on Ebay!

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #591 on: October 07, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
Flounder those are some fairly hi res photos you posted on your auction . Should give people a pretty good idea
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:06:15 PM by RainMan »

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #592 on: October 07, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »
TA I have to appologize for being short with you. I understand the whole keeping busy thing.

I will sya I am no attorney but I was under the impression the court to go to is where the activity took place. If bob mailed you the contract to your husband and he signed it in GA you should be able to sue in Ga.

I hope the news agencies are looking for ratings cause if so they'll pick up your story.

Now for part 2:

After you file your complaint with the news, if we can get everyone here to call them making inquiries to Bob the Bandit then that will help too.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #593 on: October 07, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »
ok Jupiter start calling WRAL and WLOS 13 have been notified!

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #594 on: October 07, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
I'll be happy to.

Offline solargold

« Reply #595 on: October 07, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
TAWIDOW, can you not get Bob for mail fraud or wire fraud? That is a bigger deal than small claims court. With contracts being sent by mail and money being wired, seems like both apply.
L8R G8R

Offline tawidow

« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2012, 07:12:19 AM »
I was told that it's too hard to prove that his intent was to just steal the money all along since he is "working" on cars.  6-8 out of the 35 he stole from, but he IS working.  And then you have people like Joe and Eli who spout how great the guy is and how much he's trying to turn thins around.  They basically blame the victims for all things bad in this situation and it makes it even harder for the AG to do things.  Gotta love our government sometimes.  The police' hands are tied.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #597 on: October 08, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
  And then you have people like Joe and Eli who spout how great the guy is and how much he's trying to turn thins around.  They basically blame the victims for all things bad in this situation and it makes it even harder for the AG to do things. 

from Joe's website: " This site is dedicated to the people who are building a Trans Am with Build A Bandit aka Pontiacpros of Fairview or Ashville NC. If you have a build going on with them, or have already received your car, we want to hear from you. Send us your photos and your story. We will post them here."

then were is Flounders car? were is your story TAWIDOW?? if he is an upstanding honest guy trying to do the right thing...they would/should be there as well as the several more Bob the bandit has sent him to post. I guess unless the pics and story come through Bob, or are Bob approved they cant go on Joe's site.

This is a quote from one of the latest other builds: "These are from Mr. Williams, he has been very honest and that is what I told him to do. He was 6 months or so late on his build. For 14k he got a 28k car. He wasn’t happy with me because of the lateness, but now we’re best of friends because of the quality. The cars are not leaving till I would be proud to own it myself. These are the only photos he sent us."

nice statement in what appears to be Bobs own well known excellent writing skills....lol

Joe, really??
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:44:36 AM by midyear »
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #598 on: October 08, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »
good point midyear.  I can see him making a stink about george's car because he "took it before it was finished"  but he has no reason not to post TA Widows story
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #599 on: October 08, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »
good point midyear.  I can see him making a stink about george's car because he "took it before it was finished"  but he has no reason not to post TA Widows story

But lets remember this too, its not supposed to be "Bobs website" now is it. Joe Godar is proclaiming to be neutral and fair, so why then can he not follow his own statements on his own website? because he is "SCARED" to tick off Bob.

once again I say it: "were are the new pics??" Joe, Jay, Eli?? going on a month, Bob can run auctions, email scores of pictures to potential new victims, but cant send any on your cars?? his greatest 3 fans?? seems kinda fishy to me...probably still blaming flounder, that excuse should work for the next few years...lol
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72