Author Topic: Cowel Tag on 10th Anniversary Edition  (Read 2565 times)

Offline olecoach

Cowel Tag on 10th Anniversary Edition
« on: June 09, 2020, 04:22:48 PM »
I am replacing the missing cowel tag on my 1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary Edition. I have used a couple of other tags as reference and have determined accurate numbers and codes for everything but the last sequence that is an 8 digit number starting with the letter X.... the 2 examples from other 10th Anniversary editions are as follows ...X34097658....and the other X34267367.. The only consistency was the first 2 digits being 34...... I looked at the build sheet and couldn't find an 8 number sequence. Any HELP in determining this number would be greatly appreciated

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Cowel Tag on 10th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 05:04:05 AM »
Luckily, there's enough TATA model still out there that you could probably google every one sold or listed online in recent years and find plenty of cowl plate pics to compare for ideas. I don't have on file or any extra info.
But if it's the sequence number then it appears to be at least a partial of another number listed on the buildsheet. My Formula only has 6 digits, others have 7, but the last 4 digits are listed below the VIN. Otherwise, I don't know what the rest stand for or how you'd find them. You'd have to check other TATA to see if they all have the X as well.