Author Topic: Want to see the Lengendary Deluxe seat covers? Sorry PUI you're not even close!  (Read 11383 times)

Offline BARRACUDA1968

When I bought my car the previous owner bought a PUI seat cover for the driver seat and it doesn't match the Deluxe "doeskin" passenger seat that my car has.  Everywhere I turned for a correct seat cover said PUI is the only game in town.  So I called PUI and basically their answer was the same and that's how they make the Deluxe seat cover.  Basically their seat cover is very "Grainy".

I got a tip to call Lengendary and low and behold they make Deluxe "doeskin" seat covers.  After a short conversation I ordered a set for the front seats.

They are "PERFECT"  I couldn't be happier!

1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Built Trans with 3000 stall
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline SalNat

They look very nice!
1981 Trans Am
2008 BMW 320

Offline ScottD3

Do you have any info on Legendary?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:56:17 PM by ScottD3 »

Offline BARRACUDA1968

I just went to their website and called.  I had definitely heard of them before I decided to see if they had interior parts for our cars.

If the rest of the products they make are as nice as what I just got I won't go anywhere else from now on.  The guy I talked to was pretty cool too!
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline ScottD3

Do they have deluxe cloth for the 78 TA?

Offline BARRACUDA1968

1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
They look good. But I would guess the main difference is how they feel. I wonder, if these are exactly right, that maybe legendary would have the hobnail or Lombardy covers too. I have seen a lot of poor reviews of them from PUI
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline BARRACUDA1968

I looked through all the flyer they sent with the seat covers and I don't think they are offering any cloth?  Might want to call if you need a definite answer.

One thing I will tell you is the kit I got with the seat covers is top notch.  I watched a video on how to install seat covers on youtube.  They were installing PUI stuff.  They reused the stock wire in the seat for the hog rings because it was stronger than what PUI sent.  The wire I got with the Legendary seat covers is a solid heavy wire just like factory, plus I got some material that reminds me of a burlap sack and some other foam stripping.  I didn't see any of this on that video. They even sent a breather mask to go over your nose.  I guess to protect you from any old material coming from your old seats. 

All I can say is I'm impressed, and yes these seat covers feel exactly like my original seat covers.
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
Are they on the car yet, that is the real test
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday

Offline BARRACUDA1968

Tell you what I'll do.  If I can find time I'll pull just the driver's seat out this weekend and install the new cover.  I'll take before and after pics for everyone.
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
Tell you what I'll do.  If I can find time I'll pull just the driver's seat out this weekend and install the new cover.  I'll take before and after pics for everyone.
Not just before and after pics, put the pui covered one next to the original, swap the pui cover for the legendary, then side by side again. That's if the seat has a pui cover on it already.
Romney/Ryan 2012

Offline BARRACUDA1968

I have the PUI cover already on the driver seat and the other new PUI cover still in that bag.  My passenger seat is original and mint.  I will compare all three this weekend.
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
I have the PUI cover already on the driver seat and the other new PUI cover still in that bag.  My passenger seat is original and mint.  I will compare all three this weekend.
Ok cool
Romney/Ryan 2012

Offline BARRACUDA1968

Update, I have the Legendary seat cover on and it's nice!  I took about 100 pictures as we did the install so hopefully everyone will get to see what they are looking for.

I'll try and get info and pics up this weekend.

Should I start a new thread or continue this one?
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
That's great! Looking forward to seeing the pics. This thread, a new thread...Either way you want to do it works for me.
Steve F.