Author Topic: NO PART and NO REFUND  (Read 29740 times)

Offline TAKID455

Re: NO PART and NO REFUND
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
From experience... UPS can be a PITA to deal with on claims. Had a perfect 76 shaker busted on their behalf. From what I read above, your situation is going as expected.  UPS picks up part, they inspect and send back to SHIPPER (not receiver). UPS denies all wrong doing. Sender typ needs to fight and then refund money. The insurance parts is BS and wasted money unless UPS packages the item themselves. Usually comes back insufficient packaging which in your case is so. Pictures before and after shipping item help alot.  You should be on the phone w/ UPS and help expedite your claim. Find the claim number and harp at UPS. The seller is probably on strings w/ UPS.

It will take time if neither of you make noise.
2nd Gen Engineering
Specializing in Suspension and Driveline Performance Engineering
Custom/ Racing/ Restorations

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »
From experience... UPS can be a PITA to deal with on claims. Had a perfect 76 shaker busted on their behalf. From what I read above, your situation is going as expected.  UPS picks up part, they inspect and send back to SHIPPER (not receiver). UPS denies all wrong doing. Sender typ needs to fight and then refund money. The insurance parts is BS and wasted money unless UPS packages the item themselves. Usually comes back insufficient packaging which in your case is so. Pictures before and after shipping item help alot.  You should be on the phone w/ UPS and help expedite your claim. Find the claim number and harp at UPS. The seller is probably on strings w/ UPS.

It will take time if neither of you make noise.

UPS refuses to discuss the claim since I wasn't the shipper.

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »
First time I have logged on here in a while. I don't enjoy this site near like I used to and all because of a transaction gone wrong....leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Still nothing from Starr455, no response, no $............not a peep.

Offline trentonmakes

Re: Re: NO PART and NO REFUND
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
First time I have logged on here in a while. I don't enjoy this site near like I used to and all because of a transaction gone wrong....leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Still nothing from Starr455, no response, no $............not a peep.

???
dont see why you would feel different towards the site, granted it sounds like a really bad experience with another member but unless it was a mod or someone running the site, it was a raw deal you got screwed on between two people.

Was this guy even an active member or just popped up to sell some parts??

Hope it works out for ya soon

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »
Has nothing to do with the site. This transaction was the icing on the cake in a number of bad experiences over the last 3 years in building this car. I haven't been taken for near the money some members have.....(see Flounder's BAB thread), but a paint job never completed as promised put me in the red a good bit then this. Enthusiasm only goes so far in building these cars, you lose your fire for a while. I'm going to put a cover on it for a while and start up again in a few months. Tired of throwing good money after bad.

Yes, he's a member on here.

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
Hey don't let it get to you!  We have all been there and it is tough sometimes!  Hey your tide kicked Michigan A-- like I told you they would! ;D  Anyway there is alot of goodwill that goes around on here so just keep your head up!  Maybe a break is a good thing!  On a different topic but some relation, I located a 300 gallon aquarium for a friend who had been looking for quite awhile.  He built a cinder block stand and topped it with 4x4s.  We moved it and put it up on there and it was sitting on a knot.  Well you can imagine the rest of the story!   Now this guy was at his wits end, he wanted to quit everything!  So I told him to sleep on it and sure enuf he setup his old tank again and the search continues!
What is even more encouraging is that he hadn't paid in full for the tank so still owed money on it?!  Well today I called him and he paid me some more so I could give it to the guy who owned the tank!  Now if that doesn't give you some hope and good feelings I don't know what does?!  Hold your Head up Bama and get back at it when you are ready! 

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 12:10:56 AM »
Hey don't let it get to you!  We have all been there and it is tough sometimes!  Hey your tide kicked Michigan A-- like I told you they would! ;D  Anyway there is alot of goodwill that goes around on here so just keep your head up!  Maybe a break is a good thing!  On a different topic but some relation, I located a 300 gallon aquarium for a friend who had been looking for quite awhile.  He built a cinder block stand and topped it with 4x4s.  We moved it and put it up on there and it was sitting on a knot.  Well you can imagine the rest of the story!   Now this guy was at his wits end, he wanted to quit everything!  So I told him to sleep on it and sure enuf he setup his old tank again and the search continues!
What is even more encouraging is that he hadn't paid in full for the tank so still owed money on it?!  Well today I called him and he paid me some more so I could give it to the guy who owned the tank!  Now if that doesn't give you some hope and good feelings I don't know what does?!  Hold your Head up Bama and get back at it when you are ready! 

Good suggestion and probably from someone younger than me...lol. Just need a break from this for a while I guess. Rant over.....

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 05:26:57 AM »
^It says I am A senior Member!  :P

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
Senior means what on this site, time on site, number of posts or actual age? I was being serious because most everyone on here I have seen is younger than me.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
I'm 57 and I'm not a senior member

Offline TransAm_Stan

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
I believe it has to do with the post count.

I am 52 & I am not a Sr. member either. 

Not that it makes any difference to me...

It is unfortunate that you have lost the "spark" for the (your) Trans Am.   I was in your shoes at one time.  In a way I still am.   

If you need time away, take it.  You know what is best for your position.  Come back to the "family" when your mind & body (and I hate to say it, wallet) is fresh.

I too am involved with a non shipping / no return / no communication with a list member.  It sux, but I hold no grudge to  this forum.  Its between me & the other guy.

Take care & stop in once in a while.

Stan
76 White w blue int. 400 4sp. "Toastee"

76 white with blue/white interior. 400 4 sp.(ongoing project)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »
As most of you know ( since it was brought up in this thread) I'm involved with something that was misrepresented to me.As Stan said, it's not the sites fault. Also. as Stan said, walk away for awhile but drop in occasionally to keep in touch. If this guy is truely a good guy he will do the right thing. Don't stress over it. It seems a few people here know him and they are probably wondering why he is leaving you hanging too.

Take a deep breath.............stay in touch.............This guy will probably do the right thing. Maybe the some of the other guys on this site that know that guy may ask him "What's going on with this"? It will come full circle.

Good luck! and don't be a stranger!

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
Wow!  You Old timers takes things TOO literal!  I am 45 if anyone is asking!  No dates please I am married!  :P

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
For the hell of it, sent another e-mail to Brian today. Not really expecting a response, but might as well try again.

Here's the last few sent.

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: brian starr <starr455@verizon.net>
Sent: Sat, July 28, 2012 12:05:55 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: ROLL BAR

Brian, I appreciate you offering to wait on UPS and sending me a check, but it's been 3 weeks. If  you're having trouble coming up with the  money, has UPS not reimbursed you yet either? Let me know soon, Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: "graves5106@bellsouth.net" <graves5106@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Thu, July 5, 2012 10:19:07 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: ROLL BAR

Im just going to mail you a check to cover your loss. Ill wait out ups.

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
 is amazing, i sent him another email 2 days ago. i hope he follows thru for you
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"