Author Topic: The MOMENT Everyone has been waiting for! Pics of it out of the paint booth!!  (Read 5921 times)

Offline snap_point

Poly Platium (sp?)  Orginal paint code with a touch of metalic flake.  I'm not a fan of silver so I asked to have some added!!

Thats a strange thing for a person who just ad their car painted silver........ am i missing something??
Andrew

**1978 Y88 Trans Am WS6**
**1966 GTO Tri Power 4 Speed**

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Whatcha mean Andrew? 
The paint code or me asking them to put a little metalic flake? 

If you mean that it isn't the orginal paint code because we had the metallic added, that is because I am not a fan of silver, but wanted to keep the color of how it came out the factory.  The metalic flake is so minimal, actually I couldn't even tell! lol  Then again, I have yet to see the car in full sunlight.  It has been cloudy here for several days.

From the begining of the resto job, I wasn't looking for a top notch show quality car.  I just wanted the areas of concern fixed and repainted.

If I wanted that, I would have done a full off the frame resto job, but we were on a limited budget and I am VERY happy with the results thus far. 8) ;)

Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
Very nice!!!!!
Happy for you.
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline Trans am Oz

Whatcha mean Andrew? 
The paint code or me asking them to put a little metalic flake? 

If you mean that it isn't the orginal paint code because we had the metallic added, that is because I am not a fan of silver, but wanted to keep the color of how it came out the factory.  The metalic flake is so minimal, actually I couldn't even tell! lol  Then again, I have yet to see the car in full sunlight.  It has been cloudy here for several days.

From the begining of the resto job, I wasn't looking for a top notch show quality car.  I just wanted the areas of concern fixed and repainted.

If I wanted that, I would have done a full off the frame resto job, but we were on a limited budget and I am VERY happy with the results thus far. 8) ;)

Like myself, Andrew did not know your not a fan of the colour silver :o
Silver is a cool colour and you dont see many silver 78 Ta's around..there was one here in Oz but its gone now :'(

Offline snap_point

Nothing behind the comment, just if you didnt like silver you could have painted the car a different colour. I thought that was a strange comment that you said as I have never read that before.

I think your car looks AWESOME  8) and cant wait to see the finished product.

Like Mal, I love the silver TA's I have not see one in real life, like Mal said we had one done under but sadly its gone now.

Keep up the good work and hopefully sooner rather than later you will be enjoying your TA as it should be!

Andrew

**1978 Y88 Trans Am WS6**
**1966 GTO Tri Power 4 Speed**

Offline archiek

• You can think about it ... But don't do it !!!!
Nice ... Its always a great day coming out of the booth ...

Offline 79taman

• If it aint a TA it aint chit!!!
my 79 is originally silver, i absolutely love all the colors on the TA's, not alot of silver ones around so i am going with the silver, according to my paint code it is listed as sterling silver so that is why i ask, your car looks beautiful, cant wait to see it finished
Joey
Link to my project!

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Oh I thought you guys knew that I wasn't crazy about silver. ;D  I mean..........on most car these days, silver does nothing for me.  The color on this car has grown on me and yes, I could have changed it, but with "this" car, I wanted to keep it the orginal color as close as possible.

Here are some pictures of it in the sun today.  Keep in mind, it has yet to be cleaned and buffed and a few issues need to be addressed.  But all in all, I am happy with the results!

They are going to keep the car for a few more days to do the fine details and maybe mid next week I will have it back!! ;D ;D

Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY

Heidi

Offline Jimmys77

• My 77 T/A
That looks beautiful!!!! You'll be in it before you know it...

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Wait till I have the new decals, new seats, new center caps, new glass, new headlight grills in!! WoooHoooo!!
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY

Heidi

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
Wait till I have the new decals, new seats, new center caps, new glass, new headlight grills in!! WoooHoooo!!

Someone sounds excited....or are you just teasing us?
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline 79ban1

• Bandit X
THe car looks good it's been a long hard road to get to that point.
I do have one question though why did they paint the car with everything hanging on the car did they paint all the jambs and under the deck lid before hanging the doors and stuff? I usually see shops painting everything separate and then assembling the car after it's all painted.

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Good question!

Yes, the doors, under the hood, under the trunk, mirrors, spoilers ect. were all painted before the car went in.  I have pictures of that too.

All jams were painted and the area right by the windshield.......black and by the rear glass was also painted.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:59:02 AM by '78 LadyBird »
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY

Heidi

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
Happy for you and Frank, Heidi...what a cool christmas gift...to see it all painted and readu for reassembly
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Very nice!
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches