Author Topic: Mid-Life Crisis Project / TATA Restoration  (Read 8891 times)

Offline tata

Re: Mid-Life Crisis Project / TATA Restoration
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
wow, thats looks good, great job and hard work has been paying off

Offline 10thAnniversarySearch

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
Painting the rear portion of undercarriage this evening with POR 15.  All the prep work has been done.  Question, can I get by with removing the thee bolts on the rear differential cover (the two that hold the blake line clips on the upper left and upper right; and the one that holds the stainless tag on the lower right when painting?

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 07:01:52 PM »
Partial first coat...

I'm ready to be a spokesperson for the "Prep & Ready"  I put a hand full of heavily rusted frame bolts in a jar of it last night at this a.m., they looked like the were brand new.  And this is a Canadian car (originally) that sat for about 12 years outside!  Impressive.   

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 07:48:01 PM »
Making some progress on the front portion of frame.  (Rotors, shield, calipers and pads will all be replaced when I run the new brake lines after the frame is done.  BTW, is there any way to tell if the portioning values need to be replaced while I'm replacing all the other brake components?)   Can someone offer advice on the wheel wells?  Should these be painted and if so, what type of paint?  I'm using POR 15 followed by Chassis Coat Black for the frame work. 

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
New rotors, calipers, pads and lines (and shocks).  Plan to do the front set this evening.  Which will leave the rear passenger side.  I still need to clean that wheel well and refill the seam.  Then it's on to gas tank and lines!

Offline green-hornet

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 01:34:31 AM »
Nice work

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
Getting closer to having stopping power.

New master cylinder, all the front lines and hoses ran.  Rotors, calipers and pads waiting.  Delayed by getting the dust shields sandblasted.  Should be ready tomorrow.

I have a section of frame to clean up before I un the lines to the rear so I'll try some before and after shots of that.  Highly pleased with the PO 15 line and I know there's a lot of talk on here about inline tube.  Gotta say, that after sorting all the lines out (none are labeled and I got all brake fuel and vapor lines at one time)  they fit like a glove.

Now the new mystery for the day...

What does this trio of black, blue and white wires supposed to run to?  As you can see, mine are simply taped off at one end?!

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
Thanks to all for the encouraging comments.  Here's a few before and after pics of the rear right wheel section.