Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398356 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #525 on: October 04, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
Carol, you are completely right . I would "see" if Bob would agree to put all the monies that are owed you in an escrow account that is controled by a lawyer. Then if you two can work out a contract and you fulfill the terms then the monies are forwarded to you.

It's just a thought. As you said he should just pay you but we both know that won't happen without you at least jumping through a few hoops.

Karma...........it will run full circle

Offline smfcpthowdy

« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
A friend, and a fellow member of my car club bought his T/A from Build A Bandit.
Now I don't know what the story is here, but I do know that my friend was not happy with the car he bought from them.
That's all I know. He did not go into too many details about his deal with them.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »
A friend, and a fellow member of my car club bought his T/A from Build A Bandit.
Now I don't know what the story is here, but I do know that my friend was not happy with the car he bought from them.
That's all I know. He did not go into too many details about his deal with them.

Im amazed your friend received a car at this point.  How long ago did he buy it?
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #528 on: October 05, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
Welcome to T/A HITMAN SMF! Maybe you could get your friend to join and he could share his experience with Bob the bandit as well as his car troubles. There are PLENTY of smart T/A guys on here that might be able to help him with his troubles.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #529 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »

another unhappy customer...what a surprise
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #530 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »
Photos of my (un)build coming soon.

Offline jgodar

• Build A Bandit Survivor..kinda
« Reply #531 on: October 05, 2012, 02:02:03 PM »
Carol, I hope you know I want you to get your money as much as anyone! I truly do..

I do speak to Bob on a regular basis and encourage him to fix these issues too. I have seen 2 checks made out in your name and to think that you may not get them makes me sick to my stomach.

I said Bob "is trying" to pay you now, not "has been trying". Just to be clear. Also, to rehash the HE SAID, SHE SAID about the last 3-4 months does not really matter. Today he has the money, today he is trying to pay you, today he owes you the money, so today, GET THE MONEY.

By everyones account here, Bob is as close to bankruptcy as anyone can be. If that is true, your checks with your names today, become worthless tomorrow. If you get a letter in the mail about his bankruptcy and you are named as a creditor, then  like Founder said, forget about ever getting anything. Or Bob could get tired of your situation, and another unhappy client gets his ear and the money that was meant for you, goes to someone else. Both of these situations are very real.

I promise I wont bother you any more about this as I feel I have let you know how I feel. I would really suggest you do seek an attorneys advice. I would think they would tell you the same thing. Take the money as fast as possible.
I hope this works out for you.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #532 on: October 05, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »
Joe...you say you've seen or know of 2 checks that have carol's name on them? Great...! Bob can put them in an Esceow fund for a lawyer to handle....That way the funds are in a 3rd party's hands. Once they come to a contractual agreement the funds are released.   That can't be too hard. Bob should try to show good faith here.

I'm sure once Carol could validate that the funds actually DO exist an agreement will be forthcoming between the two. It's just that simple AND easy.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #533 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Joe,
Are you the mediator here?  Bob's shown you the checks?  So you're one of the clients and potential customers  that he's whining to about how unreasonable I am and how he bends over backwards to help me.  My demands are so terrible.  I want to get my refund.  That's my sole demand.  I haven't asked him to recant the numerous lies he's made about me and my husband.  He's told people that my husband never paid (bulk e-mail that no one paid him since June 1st) - LIE.  He's told people that I've slandered him - LIE.  He's told people that I coerced his stepson - LIE.  He's told people that he's been trying to work with me all along - LIE.  He's told people that I knew of his "well known" 90 day policy - LIE.  He had a 60 day well known policy just the month before.  Both news to me and both don't matter since he's missed them all.  Need I go on???  I haven't asked for interest.  Since he is way overdue on my refund it's a fair thing to ask for.  I haven't demanded that he repay me for the mileage and gas on my car that I had to shell out because he couldn't pick up a phone or type a one sentence e-mail in nearly 2 months.  I think I've been the one bending over backward, not him.   

Even if you ignore everything else and focus on the here and now, I'm still the only one trying to come to a resolution here.  I sent him a reasonable contract  on Wednesday in response to his contract.  I've e-mailed a list of things I can or cannot do if he'd like to write a third contract up.  I've called him. I haven't received one reply to any of that yet.  The contract he sent me cannot be agreed to.  There are things on it that are simply beyond my power to do - like delete anything from ripoffreport.com.  I would breach the contract and he wouldn't have to pay me the remaining $9500.  I'm not willing to lose $9500 because he won't reword the contract.  He can read my contract and make amendments to it if he'd like until we reach an agreement.  He hasn't done it yet and hasn't told me when he plans to work anything out.  His mediator is a work of fiction and another lie as far as I know.  If he does exist, he should be fired.  I haven't heard from him yet.

I saw the checks too.  They look very pretty on the computer and he even managed to spell my name right on both.  They haven't made it to my mailbox yet.  I could write you a check for a million dollars.  If I don't send it to you, how would that be of any use???  He's great at showing people things, but not so great at actually doing them.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #534 on: October 05, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:05:28 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #535 on: October 05, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline solargold

« Reply #536 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »
I am surprised to read Joe saw those checks. #1, Bob should not be showing anything to anyone dealing with funds and contracts. #2, even if he did that was 3 or 4 weeks ago and TAWIDOW has yet to receive them. Maybe they were phony to begin with and an attempt to show his good will. If so, that is a whole new low and evidence, valuable evidence,  he knows what he is doing and is manipulating everyone involved. Put that evidence in the car!
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #537 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
thanks for helping midyear

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #538 on: October 05, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »
All you need to do is copy and paste your full link to the images inbetween the following (replace the "{" with "[" instead):

{img}http://www.allmusclecars.com/projects/gpbackwardsbolts.jpg{/img}

When you do that, the following appears:

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #539 on: October 05, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
Geesh I didn't even notice but what the hell happened to those bushings? They're dry rotted!!!

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone