Author Topic: Dash  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Dtoominator

Dash
« on: December 22, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
Restoring a 78 TA Y88. As you can imagine a lot of work. I have interior issues. First and foremost, the DASH is in bad shape. I can’t find a suitable replacement. Does anyone know of a repair kit or method that will not diminish the car’s value???

Offline swims350

Re: Dash
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:59:49 PM »
I saw youtube videos on repair kits, but I was going to buy a molded plastic cap to put over mine, they have them on ebay and alot of the firebird trans am parts sites and catalogs I'm sure

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »
I "think" repro dashes are available (again)...check the aftermarket parts catalogs/sites.
Just Dashes also restores old dashes...but they are fairly $$
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Dtoominator

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »
Thanks for the info. Repo dashes are on long backorder. I may order overlay from F Body Whse. Said it comes with lifetime warranty against cracking

Offline TA400FL

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »
I just got the new retooled dash pad from National Parts Depot.  It is the OER part.  Been going through the installation the last two days.  Overall I am very surprised how well it fit and I have not been able to find any cosmetic issues at all.  In fact, I did not install the passenger side handrail because it looked so clean without it. 

I am taking photos and reporting back to the General Manager of the FL National Parts Depot.  Apparently I may have one of the first ones?? Have not put the swirl bezel on yet because I have a small ground strap I have no idea where it goes.  Everything else is mostly complete.  I will let you know if something comes up but so far so good!
ERIC

Any chance you know where this goes?

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 09:22:19 PM »
I'm glad to hear the dash is a good piece..post some pictures and info on it when you can.

The picture is the headlight switch to gauge cluster ground strap.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette