Classifieds > Parts for Sale

70-80 Firebird Trans Am Stereo / CD Player Console Adapter

(1/3) > >>

78ta:
Great Spring Project
Console mounted stereo adapter Add a modern stereo system to your car with out cutting your dash.

With this adapter, there's is no need to cut your dash to install a modern stereo in your 70-80 Firebird or Trans Am.

The adaptor allows you to easily install a modern Standard DIN Stereo CD Player in the map pocket location of your 70-80 Firebird, Trans Am, Esprit, Formula, Lady Bird etc. 

Absolutely no cutting, drilling or hacking of your dash or console is required.

Simply remove the factory map pocket insert, install this adaptor in place of the map pocket using the mounting screws from the map pocket and install your new stereo cd player into the adaptor. Installing the adaptor takes less than an hour.

installation is actually very simple but installation instructions are included. Current standard DIN stereo size is 2-1/16" x 7-3/16". This is the size of the opening needed for the metal cage of a standard DIN stereo.

I don't believe there is room to install a stereo in the map pocket location on 81 Turbo TA's due to the electronics for the turbo being installed in the map pocket area. However, I've been told that you can relocate the computer box in order to install a stereo in the map pocket area using this adapter.  Please check your car to confirm this.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item is located in Louisville KY, 40299. Local pick up is welcome. Checks and  money orders preferred. Paypal accepted. Personal checks will have to clear before shipping.  Shipping is FREE ! Payment within 7 business days is very much appreciated! Please allow two weeks from the time payment clears for delivery. Please email me at W70442@hotmail.com with questions. Free shipping offer includes free USPS shipping inside the continental US. Shipping to other locations will just be the actual shipping amount above $4. Will ship to USA and Canada ONLY.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The adapters are priced at $49.95 with FREE SHIPPING to members of this board. Please mention this add when inquiring about one.

dewcrazzy:
nice looking setup.

Gold79ta:
Yep thats what I just did with my install.

Greenbird76:
I actually bought a 3 gauge pod that fits in that location.  And it looks good also.  My original dash was already cut when I bought the car.  I do have the original radio and bezel in great shape though.

78ta:
Hi Guys.
Thanks for the compliments.

I actually make the gauge adapters as well as the cup holders that FBodywarehouse sells along with other products for the 68-72 Olds Cutlass/442. The Cutlass housings can be installed into just about any model using different mounting brackets.

Here's the gauge adapter and a couple of the Cutlass housings. Anyone interested in more info on any of them can reach me at w70442@hotmail.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version