Author Topic: Restoration Manuals on CD  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
Restoration Manuals on CD
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »
I was just thinking the other day that I need these manuals in order to do the restoration on the 76. My question is how easy or difficult is the CD to navigate? http://www.78ta.com/1976comp.htm
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »
The CD is acually pretty easy to navigate.  When you get the CD in your computer, you can open it up in windows explorer.  The manuals are broken down into their individual sections like this:
As you can see down the left hand side are the different chapters and such listed on the CD.  You can easily navigate to the chapter you want on the CD.

If you want to see what is in the engine section, just click on that folder and on the right hand side you can see the different sub-sections within the "Engine" chapter:

From there, you can open up the PDF file of whatever section or sub-section you want to.  The sections are all book marked for ease of use so you can click on the bookmarks on the left hand side to go to that sepcific section of that chapter:

You can also click on the "Search" Button in Adobe PDF (also included on the CD).  You can type in whatever you are looking for.... like "flywheel" and that will bring up in that chapter wherever the word "flywheel" is located in that chapter:

So, it is fairly easy to navigate through and find what you are looking for.  The full manual is also included on the CD as one whole book.  So, if you do not know what chapter the part you are looking for is in, you can open up the full manual and do a search in the full manual to find what you are looking for.  Hope this helps.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »
Recommended :D
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 02:49:18 PM »
I went ahead and bought one the other day. :D
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline indyta1989

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
I recommend these manuals on CD. I have purchased a few variations from Brett over the past few years.  Not only are the contents easy to navigate but then you simply print the few pages you need and head to the garage.   Need more pages for the next project simply print a few more.  Much easier to handle than if you had the full size paper manual and if you get the pages dirty no harm print some more.
Gary
1971 Trans Am 455 HO 4-speed (Blue / Black)
1974 Trans Am SD 455 auto (Blue / Blue)

Offline LeighP

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:20:56 PM »
Yep...another thumbs up from me...picked up the 67 manuals on CD at the Nats...very pleased with the ease of use.
Regards,
Leigh
1971 Pontiac Firebird 455