Author Topic: 1978 Trans Am engine bay wiring diagram  (Read 3608 times)

Offline jonesg9

1978 Trans Am engine bay wiring diagram
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
I bought my car recently minus the engine and transmission. The seller cut all the ends off the wires atr the connections so all i have is a bunch of wires, different colors, but no idea where they go because the ends with the connectors have been cut. Does anyone have a complete engine bay diagram for a T/A with a 400 and automaatic trans (1978)?

thx in advance

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: 1978 Trans Am engine bay wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 12:48:18 AM »
PM me with your email, I'll send a large colour diagram. If they are all cut, you may end up well ahead also obtaining a good, used and complete harness instead. It isn't hacked up plus many of those plugs are hard to get. The plugs themselves will cost more than the harness.

Offline Mooshs78TA

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 04:21:19 PM »
PM me with your email, I'll send a large colour diagram. If they are all cut, you may end up well ahead also obtaining a good, used and complete harness instead. It isn't hacked up plus many of those plugs are hard to get. The plugs themselves will cost more than the harness.

I know this is a few years old but would you still happen to have that large colour diagram? If so could I trouble you for it? I'll PM you my email. Thanks in advance

Offline b_hill_86

• Sterling to Starlight
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 08:28:51 PM »
He frequents the site still and I’m sure he still has what you need. Just give it a few or send him a PM if you haven’t already. Depending on forum setting he may receive an email notification of your PM.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed hardtop

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 09:39:26 PM »
Sending shortly, just heading home.