Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398814 times)

Offline tawidow

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »
You must have read that wrong, or it's just another of Bob's typos.  What I'm sure he meant to say is "Over the years he's scammed hundreds of people trying to buy cars in mint condition."

So by his own admission he's had 100's of customers.  Let's just take the minimum for that statement - 200 victims x $15,000 = $3,000,000

Pretty sweet haul for a thief.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
his idea of mint is different then ours, he looks at cars as A place where money is coined...
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Izzy

« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
my point was, he says he restores Pontiacs and GM cars, pontiac IS GM. lol, or at least it was untill recently.  *takes off hat for a moment of silence*

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »
Tawidow sorry to hear you didnt get the rest of your refund but as you said your not exactly surprised .
Great job on reporting his auctions guys ,I'm sure you've helped other potential victims .
Now if this family of hillbillies can just be stopped once and for all

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
Seems like most of the people on that FACEBOOK / BAB review suffer from the Emperor has no clothes syndrome.
 They refuse to acknowledge reality for fear of offending the king(Bob). They don't seem to care or have any noticeable concern that for their builds to come to fruition more victims must be created!...........

THAT SUX!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:52 AM »
Newest e-mail from Bob:
I will no longer answer the phone when you call, nor will I open any of your emails.  I will not be verbally abused by anyone.  I will not tolerate anyone calling me and screaming at me. Your belligerence will not be tolerated. I can empathize with your loss.  I too have lost a son to a tragedy, and have lost my step son over all of this chaos. I will not be your whipping post.  Your husband was well aware of the company policy on refunds.  We discussed this, that it is a 90 refund policy if someone terminates during the build.  I will not stand for your slanderous acts.  You started with the slander and intent to do harm long before you were due anything.  You have posted things that are not true. I am not stealing anything from you.  I have a contract to build Ed a car, and that is what I was going to do.  That car was not due to be completed till next summer.  I am going to get a mediator.  From now on all conversations will be with the mediator.  You have chosen this route.  If you continue on like you’ve been doing, this will get tied up in the court system.  I have done that, and it takes about a year and a half to get any sort of resolution. Even though you have a letter signed by someone that has no authority to issue a refund, I have been doing all that I can to make that work.

Bob

So he says the contract made by his wife and signed by his stepson (at the time his "build coordinator") because his company can't return an e-mail, letter, or phone call for at least 51 days is no good.  The 60 day policy that he fabricated a few weeks ago was miracuslously changed to a 90 day policy that he fabricated over the weekend and I'm the liar???  Bob's world is truly amazing.  Intent to do harm - Wanting to warn people what they will face based on my story and the mountain of negative stories plastered all over the internet about a guy with 8 aliases (that I know of) is slander in Bob's world.  We're all the wrong ones here and poor Bob is bending over backwards for all of us anyway because he's such a great guy.  What does this guy smoke to make himself believe all this?

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
Lost his stepson?    His son is in Tallahassee helpinhg him hawk his "vehicles"..........give me a break!

Carol go after that slimball ! I hope Ross can help you! If anybody can,Ross can! He's one of the best Lawyers I've run across in a long time!

He was the one that got the NC AG involved. You may want to contact Susan Davis and let her know what's going on here. He has already given you some money so that in itself acknowledges the debt to you!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2012, 10:56:34 AM »
Don't feel bad George on the FB stuff. My comments on getting PHS run against the VIN to prove that its a true SE and not a clone were removed. Guess they didn't want to hear that the car could actually be a fake. Oh well, their dreamworld if they don't want to do the due diligence to find out the truth. Just wait until they try to offload the car and find out it was possibly a base firebird someone cloned. Then maybe they'll see the light.

Tawidow - I seriously hope you get every last dime coming to you. It's unreal that Bob can't honor his own commitments to you. All you've done, from what we've seen here, is ask for a refund you're entitled to and he's admitted to owing you.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
Well I think if I ask my lawyer to force Bob into banlruptcy that will solve it all. Bob will be out of bussiness and no body gets anything.

It would give the facebook guys a new topic....me!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2012, 11:51:44 AM »
Reported the Mustang. Left the GTO alone as it appears to be an actual car sale - VIN is included.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline tawidow

« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »
You can still report the item. 
Click "Report Item"
Reporting Category is "listing practices"
Reason for Report is "avoiding eBay fees"
Detailed Reason is "contact info in listings" i The listing has contact information such as an email address, phone number, or domain name in the title, subtitle, images, or item location.

The phone number is how he snags people off ebay.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »
This guy is just getting way out of hand with his lies.  Take his A$$ to court.  If he doesn't have money to give you then go over his damn mobile home or the building he works out of. 
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Carol, I'm sure he's changed it but I have the original web page that shows Ericka Kampert was owner of the bussiness Build A Bandit and then Pontiac Pros.

I told Bob about it and he has since changed it but I have the web page and the corroborating Email from Bob acknowledging that he changed it.
  I forwarded it to you. That should be some pretty powerful evidence!

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
So did all this cash Bob brought in go to Zak's school tuition?  That will be his next excuse!  According to the new camaro listing from restoguru, he's paying his father back.  But he's keeping his other camaro.  Or is it Bob throwing his stepson under the bus instead??  The saga continues....  It almost laughable if so many people weren't getting taken.  No offense to those that have btw
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

.  It almost laughable if so many people weren't getting taken.  No offense to those that have btw

The problem here is the same as myself , no one does enough research and joins forums after the damage is done . I thought I knew allot more about these cars than I did and give people the benefit of the doubt . I wasn't aware there were that many evil people praying on unsuspecting victims .
Thankfully I was only down a grand thanks to the quick thinking of the members here .
Had I found this forum before I did any transactions on eBay , I would have saved myself allot of stress and some cash . Ebays so called buyer protection plan wasn't  very helpful . But as with anything warranty wise or insurance it's always a joke
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:16:55 PM by RainMan »