Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397531 times)

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #570 on: October 05, 2012, 07:31:15 PM »
ya'll don't forget Bob had 2 weeks to finish the job and it was pulled against his advise ( i am being sarcastic)

Yah, I heard Bob had expected "overhaulen" to show up and bail him out...lol
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #571 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »
Joe, if you would like some of these pictures to post on your facebook page I'd be happy to send them to you. I know your page is designed for your build but you posted the pictures of that GTO so i thought you might want to show both sides of the story. Afterall I invited you HERE to give your side of this story because I didn't want people to just hear what I had to say. They should get another side as well. I know you want all sides of this story to be told as I do so come on......reciprocate and post some of my pics attached to your facebook site like you did for the GTO. It's only fair!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:39:09 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline tawidow

« Reply #572 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:28 PM »
I think that last one on the bottom of page 38 should be the album cover.  What the heck part of the car is it?  Did one of Bob's workers explain why it was in that shape or were they hoping that you wouldn't notice part of the car fall off if you hit a bump.  I readily admit that I know next to nothing about cars, but I don't think that looks fully restored.  That paint job is fab too.  I think the same painter worked in my house after it got hit by lightning last year.  Thankfully a room is a little easier to fix than a car.

How's Bob bending over backwards to help you working out?  Has he responded to you recently?  He talks with Joe often enough, you'd think he take a couple minutes to contact any other victim.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #573 on: October 06, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
Sent JGodar some pics of my car to post on his facebook page.

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #574 on: October 06, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »
Do you have a link for that page?
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline tawidow

« Reply #575 on: October 06, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »
http://build-a-bandit.com/my-build-pics/#comment-200

I doubt Joe's going to put anything on that site though that's negative.  I was lucky enough to talk at Bob this afternoon.  Joe and Eli are his liaison's with the Attorney General's office.  Not exactly sure why and I really don't care, just strengthens my opinion of the two of them.  It sure explains why Joe would encourage me to sign a contract that would cause me to lose $10,000. 
Heck of a guy.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #576 on: October 06, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
I find it interesting that no new pics of any of the 3 cars (Joe, Jay, and Eli) have surfaced in the last 3 weeks. If Bob has become such a "great guy" um...guys...were is the picture proof of any progress on your cars.....don't tell me he may not meet the expected deadline....uh oh...almost sounds like flounders Bob now...
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #577 on: October 06, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
So T/A ?   Did Bob tell you that Joe and Eli are a liason to the AG's office or is that just your opinion?

Offline tawidow

« Reply #579 on: October 06, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »
It was all Bob.  I had asked how he had time to e-mail pictures of the checks to other clients but didn't have time to e-mail me a reply to the contract.  He claimed that he wasn't supposed to be talking to me at all because everything had to go through the mediator.  When I asked why the mediator hadn't contacted me yet since every deadline was past he claimed that he didn't have any contract with me right now and he needs that before the mediator can contact me.  Makes perfect sense.  I guess he doesn't even include the one he had with my husband.  He said that Joe and Eli are sending all his messages to the Attorney General's office and that's why he gave them a copy of the picture of the checks.  I got an e-mail from the AG's office telling me that she'd heard from another of Bob's consumers (I guess Joe) that I'd been issued 2 more checks dated October 3.  She wanted to know when the checks clear.  Bob needs to send the checks first.  Funny he and Joe never mentioned to her that the contract would automatically reduce the amount by $10,000.  He sure is a changed guy.

Bob said something about doing everything he could, but he didn't have any more money.  I asked again what happened to the $15,000 that we gave him in June and he said he was looking for it and over $100,000 too.  Aww, I feel so bad.  It's not every day that you misplace over $100,000 of other people's money that was directly wired into your account.  It couldn't be his fault.  Maybe we could take up a collection and put up an ad in his local paper asking if anyone's seen the money.  I've said it before, if he has 35 victims out there right now then it's a hell of a lot more than $100,000.  Closer to or over $500,000.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #580 on: October 07, 2012, 08:29:44 AM »
TAWIDOW, So what did the AG say to you? Did you file a police report in your town? Did you file a police report in Bob's town? Do you live in the same state as Bob? If not did you file a complaint with your AG? I am just wondering what steps you took?

Here's something the local news loves. They love airing drama. You need to put together your whole story and gather as many people who are going through the same problem as you. Then you need to contact all the local stations in Bob's county. If you they decide to run the story they will hound the AG, Police, and Bob until he's locked up in jail. Gather as much info as you can to make it easier for this to happen.

I feel Bob had more than enough time to make right after he supposedly seen the light.

I would file a lawsuit against Bob and name Joe and Eli in it, and do not forget to name Ebay as they were the company to introduce you to Bob. Let a Judge decide each person's role.

If you know any of the people that you spoke to in Bob's organization, name them personally in it too. This will tend to get the truth flowing.

If you talk to a Lawyer and he says he wants to write letters first, GET A NEW LAWYER as most lawyers are lame.

Find one and tell him to file the lawsuit in your state so that Bob has to respond through your state as he contracted through your husband in your state.

That's about all I got. I've been through this and this is what I went through so I know it can work.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #581 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »
TA , Joe is not an accurate conduit/source for the AG to be getting unbiased information from. Next time you communicate with that office this probably should be brought to light.

Joe, I realize that your doing what you feel is in YOUR best interests. I don't expect you to post my pics on your facebook page because it is NOT in your best interests. You came here because showing pics of your car or getting answers was in YOUR best interests . I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Joe you should not be privy to what checks Bob writes to other clients. Make no mistake Carol IS a client regardless of Bob's denials.
   There is a right way and easy way to do things. The RIGHT way takes more time, effort, and sometimes more sacrifice. The easy way......well it's easy.....Like painting over rust instead grinding it out or replaceing the part altogether. Let's see if Bob decides to do things the right way or the easy way. We both know what his track record is don't we?
 If you DO get a car ( and I hope you do) everytime you get in it and turn the key your gonna wonder " will this be the day " , " better not go too far just in case".
 October is fast approaching.........will Bob be on time...for once? Did he take the easy way out to build your car? Who knows. If he did? You CAN"T fault him.....you did the same thing, so it will be all right.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:02:48 AM by Flounder55 »

Offline tawidow

« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2012, 10:07:55 AM »
Jupiter,
I have contacted the police in North Carolina.  I was told that I still could not file a criminal complaint because Bob is doing the bare minimum to still count as working.  I have looked into filing in my state of Georgia and I can't even sue him in Georgia because his shop is in North Carolina much less charge him with theft.  That stinks because I could take him to small claims court here and not have to get a lawyer.  North Carolina has a much lower threshhold for small claims.  I have been working directly with the Attorney General's office - she's well aware that Joe and Eli are fully and inexplicably on Bob's side now.  I don't think that she believes everything they have to say. 

I have been very late getting her a full update, but she has gotten the overall picture of my case.  I'm currently working 2 volunteer jobs that are taking up much more than a full time job and trying to deal with my husband's paperwork and being a single parent.  I know that half the kids in the country have single parents and they do a lot more than me, but this is all new.  Ms. Davis has been very patient.  I'm hoping to get her the full update by tonight.

I think that Joe has shown his character here.  I hope he gets the car he wants and he paid for and gets out of everyone else's business.  Every one of Bob's victims seems to have seen Joe's "advice" for what it is - help for Joe and not them.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
It's hard to feel pitty when you say you volunteer 2 jobs and claim to not have enough time to go after bob.

If your husband signed contracts in Ga then Bob's business was in Ga. So then it would be up to a Judge to decide where they'll hear your complaint.

As for Bob working has nothing to do with not providing you a refund. If your husband did not get a contract from Bob that states this then you lose unfortunately.

I would call the news media in NC and see if they'll run your story. Then you can post that story on youtube and all over the net. See if Flounder will call the news too. The more victims the more the news will find a story.

All I can say is Bob should have just stroked you a check and moved on.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
I've been fortunate to stay home since my oldest was born.  I've been heavily involved with their school and extra curricular activities.  Everything I've read recommends staying as constant as possible after the loss like we've had.  I've chosen to stay on with the volunteer jobs that were already in place before this mess with Bob started.  Thankfully both are just really busy at the start of the school year.  This is the last really busy week and then it goes back to a more manageable schedule and I'll catch up on all the things I've let slide.  Bob has been looked into by the police and AG's office for years and for dozens upon dozens of victims.  I don't think my delay will cause anything to fall through the cracks.  I also don't think that it's holding up how fast Bob chooses to repay me.  I have been keeping my communication, or attempts at communication, current with him through e-mail and phone calls. 

You are mistaken about where people can sue.  Look up small claims and Georgia law on the GA government site.  Try and start up a claim (obviously don't hit send).  If you look down the page it's crystal clear that you can only sue people that live in or have their shop in GA.  Otherwise they direct you to go to the defendant's state site for the defendant's state's rules.

I have contacted the various news agencies twice now with no response from anyone.  I've only done it via e-mail.  I'll look into calling and actually speaking with someone tomorrow.  I've also considered taking out an ad in his paper to report his behavior.  I hesitate doing that only because Bob's vicitm base is from all over the world.  Not too many people get the Ashville paper.