Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398118 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #600 on: October 08, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
KJ, If they want to post my pics with a caveat saying " here is a car that was pull 2 weeks from completion" I'm cool with that. Did you see the body bushings? Did you see the homemade motor mounts? Did you see the rusty front support ( I guess that's what you call it)? What happened to metal goes back where metal was? That's a quote off of one of Bob's Ebay ads. They don't use it anymore!
 As far as TA goes, they have nothing to show.....not even dollar signs. Now more than ever I feel there is a need to keep the pressure on Bob. Especially through the end of this month. He has been on here reading the posts but has yet to comment.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #601 on: October 08, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
He meaning Joe

Offline tawidow

« Reply #602 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »
Just for laughs - Here's a couple of old e-mails from our friend Bob.  I'll have the update for the AG this morning.

Here's part of a bulk e-mail he sent to all his current victims concerning George's horrible deceitfulness:
Because of the lies and deceitfulness of one customer, we will not release any car before I am finished and it is a complete restoration. For the many customers that had arrangements to take their vehicle early, with minutes of work left to be done, you can now see my stand on that. You can thank Mr. Payne.

This one was sent to me when I corrected him on why he wasn't early on the partial refund, he just wasn't late:
No, matter if you were the president the only way I ever refund on builds is a termination during the build which is your case and the the company's process on that was clearly stated at purchase within 60 business days is how’s that’s proceeds a former employee did that in half for you.So no It’s shouldn’t have been done any different then policy. BOB

Offline tawidow

« Reply #603 on: October 08, 2012, 08:20:06 AM »
You have to laugh or you'll scream.  This man is so corrupt.  Augh!!!

As to my story being on Joe's website - I've never asked.  I don't have a build going on, so I didn't think to ask for my story to be up there.  I have stated what he's done to me in one or two of the threads. 

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #604 on: October 08, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »
Damn TA, wonder why I did not get that bulk Email? I'm crushed!.

Can you reveal what the AG's told you?

Offline tawidow

« Reply #605 on: October 08, 2012, 08:51:09 AM »
Nothing yet - I have to give her the update.  It's 17 pages so far with just the lies that Bob's sent me and everyone else.  Now I have to add my e-mails to him.  I'll send you the copy of the bulk one I copied from earlier.  Sorry, I thought that you had gotten it already. 

Offline RikkiB

« Reply #606 on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »
If Flounder is willing, can you submit his e-mails/pics/story,etc to the AG to help your case?

Offline tawidow

« Reply #607 on: October 08, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »
I believe that she has Flounder's story and e-mails.  She has more than just our sob stories.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #608 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:59 AM »
This is true....they have it.

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #609 on: October 08, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »

probably still blaming flounder, that excuse should work for the next few years...lol

It worked for Obama!
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #610 on: October 08, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »
Well Flounder, it appears that you're going to keep uncovering more problems with your "almost complete" car. From the disassembly photos, it looks like anything that was visible was addressed but if something could hide a defect - such as the battery hiding the battery tray & core support - then it was overlooked. Every bolt you unturn, just continues to amaze me. How on earth did Bob miss all this in such a high quality build???

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline tawidow

« Reply #611 on: October 08, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
Keep your fingers crossed.  I just got off the phone with someone from WLOS.  They'd seen George's story too.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #612 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »
Yet another auction . Hopefully it runs out of time before another TA enthusiast has his dreams crushed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-Trans-Am-T-top-no-reserve-Sharp-/290783579313?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b40d4cb1#ht_500wt_948
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:51:29 PM by RainMan »

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #613 on: October 08, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
Well Flounder, it appears that you're going to keep uncovering more problems with your "almost complete" car. From the disassembly photos, it looks like anything that was visible was addressed but if something could hide a defect - such as the battery hiding the battery tray & core support - then it was overlooked. Every bolt you unturn, just continues to amaze me. How on earth did Bob miss all this in such a high quality build???
Well in bobs defense he did say he's fired the entire crew , and hopefully the new guys do better work . And I understand bob is overseeing all the work being done now for quality control ,so you have to give bob credit for trying to correct all the issues plaguing his shop .I'm beginning to think he's a stand up guy  (j/k)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:01:31 PM by RainMan »

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
Im betting on the latter.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."