Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398714 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1515 on: December 17, 2013, 06:17:47 AM »
Hey Viperman,

We HAD the evidence ! We had the TRO ( Temporary Restraining Order). I even got Ericka to admit on the stand that it was her name on a NC website that showed she was DBA (doing bussiness as Build a Bandit/Pontiac Pros ) but the rules of evidence were against us. The TRO we had was not a "certified" copy.  Since I downloaded it from the internet I could have altered it's contents.
 In that TRO it showed that Ericka had over 1 million dollars wired to an account that she was the only one named on the account.
 In all BAB/pontiac Pros took in 2.8 million dollars! The state NOW has an injunction on all the accounts that were associated with this scam.
  Dennis has told me in the past he wondered what you were gonna do with your car but I have not talked to him lately, he seems to be pretty busy.
  I hope you find your wheels and your motor. I think we have clues as to where both are!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1516 on: December 21, 2013, 12:10:45 AM »
Like George said, we had the evidence.  Since we have 80 victims' names and most of their stories now, we had plenty of evidence.  I had copies of checks with Erica's name printed on them above Bob's for the same account our money went to.  I had pictures of her standing next to a POS car.  I had e-mails from her lying to dozens of victims.  Plus everything George listed and much more.  The list goes on and on.  The small claims judge barely looked up during our cases and failed to wholly answer at least one question I had asked him which I think blew my case completely.  I was told afterwards by a lawyer that I could possibly take it back to a higher court and would probably win against Erica. He believed that our judge either had questionable ethics or was just too far out of his league. There's no question we'd all win against Bob.  Of course this lawyer said the same as the others I'd previously talked with, they've already hidden their money.  We'd win a nice piece of paper that said we beat them plus the lawyer bill. 

It's been nearly a year now since Bob and Erica stopped pretending (with us anyway).  Erica still had a number and message for at least another six months.  No authorities did a thing to stop her.  It was brought to their attention with no results for many, many months.  So far as I know, the FBI have failed to review this.  These people have stolen over $2.2 million from people all across the world.  They've committed so many crimes for so much money across such a huge area that I thought the FBI had to take this case.  They haven't bothered.  Inquires as to the status of my complaint have never even been addressed.  The police fail to arrest the guilty that openly admit their guilt.  They fail to arrest Erica whose name is plastered all over the majority of the correspondence and bank accounts.  They fail to find Bob - who was frequently spotted at his house!  The DA refuses to defend victims because "it'd be too hard to prove" - that's probably just me in that category, although we have 80 victims' names and they've only issued ~25 felony arrest warrants.  Clearly other victims aren't important enough to matter either.   

Erica has attacked me with a falsified statement for a restraining order, which cost me an additional $1200 just to get her to back off.  No authority does a thing.  There's no recourse that's worth the money.  The guilty can say and do whatever they want with immunity.

I hope you get as many pieces of your car that exist, Viperman.  If people knowingly have those pieces and fail to return them to their rightful owner, are they legally guilty of anything?

Offline Dark T/A

« Reply #1517 on: December 26, 2013, 05:27:24 PM »
Like George said, we had the evidence.  Since we have 80 victims' names and most of their stories now, we had plenty of evidence.  I had copies of checks with Erica's name printed on them above Bob's for the same account our money went to.  I had pictures of her standing next to a POS car.  I had e-mails from her lying to dozens of victims.  Plus everything George listed and much more.  The list goes on and on.  The small claims judge barely looked up during our cases and failed to wholly answer at least one question I had asked him which I think blew my case completely.  I was told afterwards by a lawyer that I could possibly take it back to a higher court and would probably win against Erica. He believed that our judge either had questionable ethics or was just too far out of his league. There's no question we'd all win against Bob.  Of course this lawyer said the same as the others I'd previously talked with, they've already hidden their money.  We'd win a nice piece of paper that said we beat them plus the lawyer bill. 

It's been nearly a year now since Bob and Erica stopped pretending (with us anyway).  Erica still had a number and message for at least another six months.  No authorities did a thing to stop her.  It was brought to their attention with no results for many, many months.  So far as I know, the FBI have failed to review this.  These people have stolen over $2.2 million from people all across the world.  They've committed so many crimes for so much money across such a huge area that I thought the FBI had to take this case.  They haven't bothered.  Inquires as to the status of my complaint have never even been addressed.  The police fail to arrest the guilty that openly admit their guilt.  They fail to arrest Erica whose name is plastered all over the majority of the correspondence and bank accounts.  They fail to find Bob - who was frequently spotted at his house!  The DA refuses to defend victims because "it'd be too hard to prove" - that's probably just me in that category, although we have 80 victims' names and they've only issued ~25 felony arrest warrants.  Clearly other victims aren't important enough to matter either.   

Erica has attacked me with a falsified statement for a restraining order, which cost me an additional $1200 just to get her to back off.  No authority does a thing.  There's no recourse that's worth the money.  The guilty can say and do whatever they want with immunity.

I hope you get as many pieces of your car that exist, Viperman.  If people knowingly have those pieces and fail to return them to their rightful owner, are they legally guilty of anything?

How sad that how this had to end..I hope you get a chance to own a firebird of some sort to see how cool these cars are and actually enjoy the hobby even if it was just a interest your husband had. After all you had to go through and non needed stress.
-Rick

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1518 on: February 04, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »
 :D Well, all I can say is someone finally has stirred the pot. Oh happy day!! Check your emails you will understand what I'm talking about. Flounder and TA Widow good job!!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1520 on: February 04, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
Thanks Seaglass but it was a team effort! Of course none of the victims will see anywhere NEAR what they are out of pocket.

Sure would like to see that 660K that McElreath owes me in civil fines!!!! LOL.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1521 on: February 04, 2014, 09:28:50 PM »
whats with the secrecy? Whats going on?

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1522 on: February 04, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »
So I read through most of the document.  It looks great. My only question is what will this change.  Do they now have him in custody?
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1523 on: February 04, 2014, 09:32:58 PM »
Secrecy?   Please explain........

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1524 on: February 04, 2014, 09:34:44 PM »
KJ......it changes NOTHING! We will not see a dime and by the way.....he is still loose out there somewhere.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1525 on: February 04, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »
No secrecy, just celebration!  59 of us were just awarded the money owed plus what I guess are sort of punitive damages.  One guy's punitive amount is over $1 million.  All together the amount owed is over $820,000.  The extra is OVER $28 million!  In addition, the Defendant (McElreath only) and/or his businesses, their agents, employees, and corporate successors or assigns, and any persons acting in concert with them are hereby permanently barred from a crapload of stuff in the state of NC.  Crapload was the technical term.  Read the thing if you want details.

My question is - how are all the criminals involved in this barred from anything if it hasn't been proven that they've done anything wrong?  I sure hope it means that they'll be charged soon.

Also, the judgement is against 59 of us.  I cross referenced all the names against the information I have and my total number is now over 100.

I'm pretty sure we all know that none of us will see most or all of what is owed.  As for me, I've expected nothing.  Now I get to see if I can write this off as bad debt on my taxes.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1526 on: February 05, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »
Wow, Susan Davis replied quick about all the other victims.  Get your complaints in ASAP.  Whatever money was seized will be divvied up among the victims they know about.  Once it's gone, it's gone. Here's a link -  http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx

Also, if you haven't already, fill out the other complaints and reports to the police department (Det. Davis at Buncombe County Sheriff's Office), the DMV report, the FBI report (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx), the BBB complaint as well. These people belong in jail. The civil judgement is just civil. Once he is found, he'll face the criminal judgement along with his cohorts, I hope.

Get it done people.  Criminals go free if no one reports them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:33:39 AM by tawidow »

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1527 on: February 05, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
Secrecy?   Please explain........

Well,

"Posted by: Seaglass
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »
Insert Quote

:D Well, all I can say is someone finally has stirred the pot. Oh happy day!! Check your emails you will understand what I'm talking about. Flounder and TA Widow good job!!"

Just hoping to hear what transpired. Didn't mean literally secrecy.

We all have been following this car soap opera and are hoping for a happy or somewhat happy season finale. LOL

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1528 on: February 06, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »
Here's a news article that actually included that the accomplices received a type of sentence too.  Does anyone know if the area businesses that helped him out are barred too?  I hope so for at least a couple that sounded like they knew the work was shady and did it anyway.  http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/05/3594383/dozens-wait-for-justice-in-alleged.html

Here's the WLOS station bit - http://wlos.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wlos_barred-business-15005.shtml

Offline solargold

« Reply #1529 on: February 06, 2014, 10:20:34 AM »
The one thing Bob did not take into consideration: Pontiac Trans Am enthusiasts don't give in and quit very easily. Consider us more like Bufford T Justice than Bo Bandit Darvil; " You must be part coon dog, 'cause I've been chased by the best of them"
L8R G8R