Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397609 times)

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2012, 09:10:35 AM »
Being the cynic I am...wanna wager Bob's getting a different ebay ID ready to startup again? Turtlevhare was iteration #2 that I'm aware of. Iteration #1 was ECK011 (If I recall correctly). I'm wagering we'll see those ads again soon.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2012, 09:22:19 AM »
Hopefully they are going to ban"builds" altogether!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
I just looked it up - they were ECK0211.  I don't get why they switched though.  They had one negative comment about midway through but nothing else.  They have more than that on their new ID.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »
This was ERSmith's response to Ebay taking down Bob's ads.

Its a waste of his time if his adds are constantly being ambushed.  He has another plan in the works.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 10:51:05 AM »
Hopefully they are going to ban"builds" altogether!
Then he'll reword it and call them restorations . But that's a good start

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
This was ERSmith's response to Ebay taking down Bob's ads.

Its a waste of his time if his adds are constantly being ambushed.  He has another plan in the works.

Then ERSmith is a device of Bob's company or imagination.
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »
flounder, or TAwidow does your lawyer have advise on cashing a partial payment check?
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »
Mine told me to get what I could now.....and I did.

Offline trentonmakes

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2012, 02:10:32 PM »
FWIW thats sound advice

Imho

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
now he lost a feedback as well, it was the German sounding name that had 3 feedback's, one for him, the other 2 from Ech0211...interesting... and mimi101267 ( 3 ) is now Not a registered user , also had 3 feedbacks from the same 2 people....hmmmm....is eBay finally checking up on him...wonder if they pull his shill id as well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:43:58 PM by midyear »
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »
and, as an update, here is another site I had not seen until today.
http://www.devreviews.com/build-a-bandit-l17585
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline bobg

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
now he lost a feedback as well, it was the German sounding name that had 3 feedback's, one for him, the other 2 from Ech0211...interesting... and mimi101267 ( 3 ) is now Not a registered user , also had 3 feedbacks from the same 2 people....hmmmm....is eBay finally checking up on him...wonder if they pull his shill id as well.

I am pretty certain that they are looking directly at his auctions and bidders to look for shill bidding.
79  TATA 400 W72 4spd
79 gold 400 4spd w72 T top
74 superduty 455 4spd
70 Trans am Ram air 4speed

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 10:15:08 PM »
and, as an update, here is another site I had not seen until today.
http://www.devreviews.com/build-a-bandit-l17585
much of whats there is hard to understand, is it the same person changing his mind or several different people?
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
I received this today from Bob ( by mistake I guess).

It’s been brought to my attention that there has been shill bidding on my auctions and this must stop.  I talked to 3 car dealers who receive such notices from eBay.  After eBay researched this, only 1 was stopped from bidding on our auctions.  When we think we’re helping us by bidding up our auctions, it is causing a problem it must stop.  We will run reserves on all auctions to stop this and I am having eBay monitor any and all of our auctions and to immediately cancel any bid they determine to be of such nature.  I was aware of one such problem and have sent certified letters to them to never do this no matter how good their intentions may be.  Also three current customers that, unknown to me have, done this too will receive this letter.

Also a further note to this, I am working with the state and local authorities to resolve any and all issues with any current or previous customers.  Regulated maybe, but operating for sure.  They are aware of the whole picture here and have access to everything and my full cooperation.  I just hope this doesn’t harm our break neck pace.  And to answer all questions pertaining to if we have taken any more orders, I think we all know it’s been impossible.  No cash flow for 2 ½ months almost.  So we’re not gaining any capital that way, but I am still managing on my own resources, liquated and borrowed in the past month.  Hopefully things are improving for everyone out there.  I’ve got two good legs and determination of an ox.  I will not lose this fight for all my customers.  I can’t and won’t. 

Thanks

Bob

Offline RikkiB

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »
"It’s been brought to my attention that there has been shill bidding on my auctions and this must stop."
Translation- Ebay has  been notified of his illegal auctions and has finally started looking into them. Thanks in large part to forum members here.

"After eBay researched this, only 1 was stopped from bidding on our auctions."
Translation- After checking into it, Ebay realized that the complaints were valid.

"When we think we’re helping us by bidding up our auctions, it is causing a problem it must stop. "
Translation- BAB was shill bidding their own auctions to rake in more $, but after Ebay got involved it has caused problems for BAB.

"We will run reserves on all auctions to stop this and I am having eBay monitor any and all of our auctions and to immediately cancel any bid they determine to be of such nature."
Translation- Ebay will be monitoring his auctions now, so putting a reserve on his auctions may be a way to appease Ebay (he hopes).

"I was aware of one such problem and have sent certified letters to them to never do this no matter how good their intentions may be.  Also three current customers that, unknown to me have, done this too will receive this letter."
Translation- He knew this was going on, but since he finally got caught, he's having to pretend he didn't know and make it all sound official by sending out "certified letters."

"Also a further note to this, I am working with the state and local authorities to resolve any and all issues with any current or previous customers.  Regulated maybe, but operating for sure."
Translation- The law is involved and he has no choice but to work with them. To many complaints.

"They are aware of the whole picture here and have access to everything and my full cooperation. "
Translation- He has not choice but to cooperate. They are the LAW.

"And to answer all questions pertaining to if we have taken any more orders, I think we all know it’s been impossible.  No cash flow for 2 ½ months almost.  So we’re not gaining any capital that way, but I am still managing on my own resources, liquated and borrowed in the past month.  Hopefully things are improving for everyone out there. "
Translation- His house of cards is crumbling and he hasn't been able to take in as much money as he use to. It's the beginning of the end. More people are aware of his business practice and are not buying his BS.

"I’ve got two good legs and determination of an ox."
Translation- Once he has exhausted all of his options, he'll hit the ground running and leave alot of customers without cars or cash.