Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397570 times)

Offline JupiterBandit

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
Well, I've been following this thread for awhile. I only noticed 2 people on here pissed. TAWidow and Flounder55. I would of thought to of seen more. According to the guy who started this thread Jgodar, he seems to be happy with Bob the Bandit and so does Eli Smith. So now I am confused. Is Bob actually trying to save his business and build cars? or is he just robbing 20 or so people and only 2 are mad? I don't know what to think.

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #331 on: September 26, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
Well, I've been following this thread for awhile. I only noticed 2 people on here pissed. TAWidow and Flounder55. I would of thought to of seen more. According to the guy who started this thread Jgodar, he seems to be happy with Bob the Bandit and so does Eli Smith. So now I am confused. Is Bob actually trying to save his business and build cars? or is he just robbing 20 or so people and only 2 are mad? I don't know what to think.

In a nutshell, Bob has victimized/scammed lots of victims, and I am sure all are not 78TA members. Godar and Smith have "gone to bed" with Bob in an effort to at least get some sort of a finished product/car. In my opinion, it makes them as responsible (co conspirators?) as Bob for any recent unknowing souls who have fallen victim to this scheme, for their benefit. Godar is actively publishing positive things about Bob in an effort to "help Bob and his business" while Smith is "alleged" to be a member of some sort of law enforcement, and has been guiding/assisting Bob on some of his "legal aspects" .

I have it on good authority that they both think Bob is a "changed man" but when I look at Bobs behavior as of late, I sure don't see it.

I about bet Bob has/will come to them asking for more $$ to complete their cars...and I am sure its all Flounders fault..lol
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:13:33 PM by midyear »
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
Jupiter ...your right. I'm glad your trying to think this through on your own. I guess I would only add this. Bob needs good PR. JGODAR has experience in building WEB PAGES. SMITH is a FEDERAL EMPLOYEE. They HAVE a VESTED interest in seeing their cars done and not spending money to sue someone that does not have sufficient assets for them to recover their losses.

TA widow's husband died JUST after giving BOB a LARGE sum of money and now BOB wants to pull some contractual BS to keep from giving her the money owed to her. He has already sent her 2K so he acknowledges he owes the money.

As for me....after 19 months of waiting I had had enough. Jupiter I have the names of over 6 other's not mentioned that Bob owes builds or money to.

To me.....common sense would dictate that I would try to keep builds to a MANAGEABLE level to deliver a quality product.

And Jupiter........I have invited JGODAR to comment...let's hear the other side of the story. He is a member here, HE started this thread. I WANT him to have equal time to state what he feels is pertinent in this matter.

Jupiter....you keep that open mind! I applaud you for that!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »
wait so you guys think the guy that just posted that rusty piece of crap saying that bob was a loser is Bob?

I'm just saying that if Bob is trying to build a case against anyone, what's the quickest way to get evidence than to put up a fake ad and gain all sorts of statements. And its a very quick way to get a bunch of people over to your website to see exactly what you're offering up.

Again, it's the cynic in me but to me, with this new guy posting with the same verbage as Bob, it's raising flags. Just saying, be careful what you post over on Ebay. My comments were generic enough that I *should* be safe should something come of all this.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jgodar

• Build A Bandit Survivor..kinda
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »
Hey George! I am here.. not sure what to say or where to begin.. but as we have talked many times, you have a good grasp on my ideas/opinion on all of this but did not want anyone to think I am hiding .

Just want the best car I can get as I paid for it too... what do you want me to comment on exactly?

Offline solargold

« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
jgodar's car looks like it is coming along on the facebook page. It may all be happening because of flounder. who knows had he not stepped in what the outcome would have been. The car also looks much different than what Flounder received by his pics, not just the fact it wasn't finished, but the quality of paint, broken interior pieces, etc... Congratulations Jgodar, you may be the exception to the experiences that others have suffered.
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »
Hey Joe,

Glad you decided to chime in.... Your right, we have talked on the phone several times and you have tried to help me come to a resolution with Bob which we BOTH agreed was fair.

I guess since you started this thread you would chime in from time to time give your story as to how your car is coming along. I realize  that there is alot of negative comments regarding Bob on this site and since you've had a more POSITIVE experience than I you might want to share it with the rest of the guys and girls on this site. I know Jupiter would like to hear your side.

Joe I'm really glad that you felt I stated you position correctly because sometimes thing get miscontruded.

Guys keep complaining that no one that still has a car with Bob will speak up on his behalf and your the only one I know on this site that still has positive contact with Bob.

So the floor is yours my friend ( and I genuinely mean that) I'm sure many people on this site want to hear something good and are tire of my rants!

Offline jgodar

« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2012, 03:21:24 PM »
Well, as we have spoke many times on the phone, a few months ago we found ourselves in the same spot. Both ordered cars from Bob and had heard nothing for months. You placing your order before me.

I did contact the NC AG and others wondering what my options where. Being a small business guy my whole life, I knew suing really is not a great way to go.

Long story short, I was able to make contact with Bob. I did email him many times about my build and not being happy at all. I started some sites for my car and build and made it clear I was ready to post my car online. I told him I would be 100% honest and to date I have been. He has responded well to having his builds being posted online by a 3rd party (me) as he does not have much of a website.

I did visit his shop on Sept 14 to see my car and about 8 others in some stage of being built. I have decided to work with Bob to get the best car I can get from him. I feel he is doing the best he can at this point to get my car done and many others. I feel he is really putting a good deal of time into getting me a really nice car.

I can not answer questions that only he can answer. I am not part of his business in any way. Just a customer, like you all. So I do not know why so many others are not happy etc.

I stayed off here for some time as I had no idea how this was going to go... I was planning on posting once I had my car in my driveway but you asked me to come on now..

HERE IS MY OPINION: When the s#^* hits the fan, you can decide how to handle it. I went one way, TAWIDOW and George went another. (I continue to talk to Bob, almost daily about trying to correct these 2 situations. ) I do want the best for anyone here. He is a small business man that is building cars and will continue to build cars. Not everything you see on here or anywhere online is the truth. Parts may be true, then it gets here online and it takes a life of its own. I am confident that anyone that will work with Bob, will get what they need, either a refund or car. Hammering him online or in person is the last thing I would do. Just my opinion. It is like killing the golden goose and asking where the eggs went..I can only tell you what happened to me and how I handled it and how it is going for me so far.. Once my car is done, I can tell you if I am happy or not..

Offline jgodar

« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »
On a lighter note, I just did read solargolds comment... I think I may have to agree! I think when Flounder would communicate with Bob, it did not go so well, so when I spoke with Bob and had a different tone with him, he reacted to me better because he had just dealt with George! So thanks George! LOL...

here is my build as of Sept 14... of course love to hear any constructive comments...

http://build-a-bandit.com/my-build-pics/

4-speed Tran and Motor due in next week..

thanks

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2012, 03:51:09 PM »
of course love to hear any constructive comments...

http://build-a-bandit.com/my-build-pics

thanks

Engine compartment looks rough, looks like its just sprayed black with out anything really being properly prepped, fender jambs look rough as well, they should be shiny black like the outside of the car. gold door panel birds are missing,  upper metal dash should be camel tan like the dash pad, and dash cap is already lifting on the edges. paint appears much nicer then flounders car, but let it bake in the sun for a week or so before you get it to see if it shrinks and shows bodywork and/or cracks in the bumpers.

76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »
Thank you Joe, and your welcome. I really want you get what paid for. Maybe Bob over promised to appease people like me. My BIGGEST gripe with Bob was not being honest with his assessment of build times and lack of communication. Now..........he has accused me of being a child molester and stated that there are people out there that want me and my family dead.

That crosses the line!

Hope that your car comes together quickly. My only concern at this point is how many new "victims" customers are being developed to further your build.....I hope none! And that is where my efforts have been focused. Does he really need to take on new projects when he has 35 ( his words) customers that need what they paid for? As you and I have discussed " we can't save the world" but I'd really hate to see anyone else go through what ( in the beginning) you and I went through.

Again thanks for chimeing in , I know you only want a positive outcome for EVERYONE that is a customer of Bob's and I concur !

Joe , good luck my friend and I promise...WE WILL HAVE THAT BEER WE TALKED  ABOUT !

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
I deleted my original post and decide to write this.

Flounder55, Keep up the good work. There is absolutely nothing wrong with reporting on your experience.

JGodar, Congrats to be able to get a car out of build a bandit. You are not a conspirator. You paid and you are just working to get what you paid for. If Bob has to rob others to replace the money he mis-managed of yours than that is between Bob and his victim.

Future Victims, You should of did your home work and saw Flounder55's and TAwisows reviews.

Happy Customers, enjoy your cars!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:25:54 PM by JupiterBandit »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
See Joe......this is a classic case of " YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW". I would never try to tell you how to build a website.

There are guys...HERE  that CAN give you CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on your build. Most of the guys on facebook are rookies to this like you and I and think " yeah, that's shiney , it looks good!) but that's not all ways the case and I'm just now finding that out!

There guys on this site that can tell you (what you might think looks good) that is mediocre at best. Please use this valuable tool to help yourself with Bob and your build. Know EXACTLY what your getting BEFORE it leaves Bob's shop so that you'll get the best possible build that you can.

Midyear, Eroc and few other on this site really know these cars inside and out.......take advantage of that expertise! It's free!

Joe, don't be a stranger on this site!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »
And spend the money to have your car professionally inspected by an expert, it will help on several fronts. Possible Flaws, valuation, and insurance. mDon't wait till it leaves the lot.

Eroc offered to inspect my car for me...look him up. I think he lives in MD.

Offline jgodar

« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »
Thanks guys.. I do want and appreciate the feedback.. I will use it, believe me. Of course the car is not done, but now is the time to hear what it needs. That is the main reason I joined here a while back.. to get feedback on these cars as they are being built.. then everything kinda went sideways if you know what I mean..I am not a car expert, by any means so I do need and appreciate the feedback.

I have had MANY of Bob's customers contact me thru my other sites. By phone and email. The best advice I can give anyone that has a build with him now, is to communicate with him. Go visit him. Get in front of him so he knows who you are. Again, I am not making any excuses for his past or current actions, just giving advice on what I think is the best way to protect your investment with him IF you have already paid him.

We all live and learn. Trust me when I tell you, I am still learning!

George, I like BLUE MOON and hope to have one with you soon!!