Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397919 times)

Offline Flounder55

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #827 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
nice find, typical Bob, lots of mistakes  on every car, the mustang shows pics from several cars, mismatched dash, glovebox door, body is not straight despite painted to perfection, looks like he is even unsure about the wheels, TA has C&C tops, and he thinks that's an asset, I guess just like the 2 tone door panels, 76-78 cluster, and 79-81 rear flares, the chevelle does not even have the correct seats in it, they are poorly upholstered 67-68 seats....nice job Bob!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:51:06 PM by midyear »
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #829 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »
Please guys...I NEED ALL OF YOU TO REPORT THESE ITEMS TO EBAY. thanks!

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #830 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »
just reported all 3

Offline RikkiB

« Reply #831 on: November 19, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
The master cylinder booster went from black to gold. That's got to count for something, right?  lol

Offline 79ban1

• Bandit X
« Reply #832 on: November 19, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
well from what I've been reading on here about this guy I think really he's not doing anything illegal all he is doing is pre-selling a product that he plans on building. He has built some cars in the past and is in the process of building cars so technically he is filling some orders granted it's taking a looonnnnng time but he is producing some cars. It's like ordering a part from Year One with out them telling you it's on backorder they have you pay for it in advance and then they give you a round about time frame of having it, you will eventually get it but it may take a few months. From what I see of his operation that's the same thing he is doing but on a larger scale. All orders placed now are on backorder till present orders get filled all he is doing is lying about when the completion date will be which granted as a business owner is totally wrong and maybe in his eyes the cars are show quality from what he is used to driving himself or from other cars he sees in his part of the country. I'm not trying to defend him and what he is doing because he is praying on people that might not know a lot about cars but I was always told that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. It's always a buyer beware when it comes to buying cars. I don't know what his contracts look like so I don't know what the stipulations are for receiving a completed car and what time frame or what the stipulations are for people opting out of the build. A lot of times monies are deducted for work already done on said vehicle for the customer so if they said they already did 3000.00 worth of work then they would take that off the refund. Once again just saying cause I don't know for sure.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #833 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »
79Ban 1,

There are people that have had orders since 2010 waiting on their cars! Plus just look at the 73 T/A...

These are SOME of the things wrong with it!

rear wheel flares are 79-81, under hood should be black, steering wheel is
a 80-81, intake, carb and fuel line are wrong, hood to cowl gasket is
installed wrong, hood hinges are incorrect finish, shaker base is wrong
(not even a ta part) window trim should be silver, not black, exhaust tips
are wrong, it has splitters, they were not introduced until 1976, door pull
on drivers door is out of the help section at a parts store, and were is a
pic of the trim tag??how about PHS??

He clearly the reason the phrase " buyer beware" was written!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #834 on: November 19, 2012, 09:55:16 PM »
Plus 79BAN1,,,If you order a part from YEAR ONE and it's on back order and you ask for your money back you get it! That's not the case with Bob McElreath! Nobody...I repeat nobody has gotten a full refund except for one person that I know of.  He is Not..repeat Not running a bussiness, it's a Ponzi scheme at best and an outright fraud more than likely.

Offline 79ban1

• Bandit X
« Reply #835 on: November 19, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
I'm not sayin that his cars don't have a lot of things wrong with them which they do but to the average person out there that doesn't know about it would think that it's all original just because he tells them so. I've been in the automotive field for almost 30 years now and have see a lot of people get taken advantage of over the lack of knowledge I was one of those people when I bought my first Vette at 16. I didn't know anything about it for what was original or not I was just going off what the owner told me. then I got it home and showed my friend that was a Corvette restorer and he began to show me all the things wrong I felt like an idiot but I was young and stupid at the time when it came to cars. Bob plays on peoples ignorance when it comes to these cars. I talk with people every day that know nothing about cars when they bring them into the shop that I work at and I could pretty much sell them just about anything when it comes to fixing their car just because they don't know it's a matter of trust. A lot of people think that all persons selling a car or selling anything are going to be honest about it all but unfortunately most aren't. That's why I tell all our customers if they are thinking about buy a used car to let me go with them to look at it. I've had countless people selling  car stating that it's never been it  wreck but then when I find damage or show then the paint difference they are like oh I never knew that oh but wait your the original owner. My friend and I have been trying to get a TV show going to educate people about the automotive world so when they see people like Bob and his operation they would think twice.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #836 on: November 19, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »
Well Ban, I hope you get that TV show! Please put the spotlight on Bob McElreath as you first project!

Good luck with those endeavours!

Offline solargold

« Reply #837 on: November 19, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »
the ad for the 73 doesn't say you are bidding on a build to be, it is listed and described as the photo shown ..as if the car exists already. The winning bidder should be able to drive straight there after the auction and load the car. He says the t-tops are 1 of a kind, the only one he knows to exist but I would put money that car is not available and a buyer will never take possession. His ads are misleading. Has anyone that has visited banditland seen this 73???It is finished so it should have been seen or even shown as the great example of work he does.
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #838 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »
Solar...did you see he values it at 45K but has no reserve on the car?.......PLEASE!

Offline solargold

« Reply #839 on: November 19, 2012, 11:57:15 PM »
saw that, also see 13 bidders as of now. Someone please lead these blind sheep to greener pastures before they find it is all a mirage
L8R G8R