Author Topic: My past brake problems.........  (Read 2318 times)

Offline 1onehotTA

My past brake problems.........
« on: December 20, 2006, 07:40:36 PM »
Hey everyone, I put a bunch of posts on here a while back about my brakes and problems bleeding them.  I never really got the problem solved to my liking and I decided to tackle it this past week.  I have in the midst of this replaced friggin everything component wise.  I even got a combination valve from a Monza, yes a Monza remember them, that I found in a local junk yard, and I still had bubbles.  I was at witts end with it, ready to torch it.  I decided to take my super bright clamp light under the car and go over every inch of brake line, and I did, then upon removing that hose bolted to the rear axles hard brake line I finally finally found it, I felt so stupid.  My car has a full custom exhaust 2.5" tubing goes over the rear axle, and this tubing was routed as to when the car bottomed or dipped hard, the exhaust was crushing the brake line heading towards the passenger drum brake, just out of sight, in a one inch section. I couldnt see it from anywhere before I decided to be super anal in my search for my leaking tubing, but it wasnt leaking, just drawing in air, AMAZING.  I replaced the entire rear axle brake hose and tubing, the brakes now bleed like I know what im doing again.  I was like PRAISE THE LORD.  And now the brakes are so responsive its incredible, I dont think I had any rear brakes before this project.
A rocket car could make it...............Anyone who knows what movie this line is from has to be from this forum.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:47:38 PM »
congrats on finding the problem.  It is always the little things in life that cause the problems isn't it?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
I bet you felt like the King of the world (or at least the garage) when you found that... :D  Good job, man, that's one of those situations that could make tool tossing an Olympic sport :twisted:
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette